User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Inaugural and introductory post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inaugural and introductory post

Hi, my name is Colin. It has been a bit of a learning curve, having put down the 35mm for a spell about 35 years ago and waking up in the mirrorless age recently. Probably should have adopted 'Rip van Winkle' as my username. Editing software - daunting to say the least. I look forward to contributing, improving and benefiting from everything the site has to offer. Key interests are nature, birds, and landscape. My travels will certainly provide plenty of opportunities.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to AP, Colin. It sounds like you'll enjoy being here with your interests.
    By all means do not hold back with your questions, and certainly provide critique on the
    work of others.

A couple of AP activities you can get involved in are:

The Bi-Weekly Challenge and the POTM Competition (the last one announced).

At present we are at the final voting phase of our last comp, and two entries are
    in contention. Feel free to cast your own vote here.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Colin. Digital photography appears daunting at first but it is actually much easier to get a good result than with film. Ask questions and look at other people's work. This forum was instrumental to my path as a quite ordinary photographer. I am sure you will do better than me. Cheers.
    Andrew

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Colin and Welcome to AP, we all know that feeling about moving on and especially in the Digital World and then there is the Photo editing that can get at you too.
    You will get lots of Help on here from the Members so ask if you need to know something.
    I love Birds, but Landscapes well I am not to good at them probably because we don't go out much these days though it sounds like you will be doing that.
    And you live in a wonderful part of Australia so feel free to post your photos on the Forums
    Last edited by Mary Anne; 23-10-2024 at 8:47am.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020