Thread: SB700

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SB700

during a recent trip to the uk via Singapore I picked up a SB700 flash from duty free at changi airport {$360 au for those that are interested}

Wow...its a great piece of Kit...very well made and has a great feature set and after a brief viewing of the instruction booklet I learnt how to use the filters to balance ambient light and the flash output....with the tungsten filter on and the body WB set to sunshine it really does mix the harsh white flash output with the warmer tones of tungsten lighting ...its been a revelation for me as far as using a hotshoe flash..TTL is spot on too...but using the filters does require a tiny bit of exposure compensation on the body..

the off camera remote function is also a god send when controlling the lighting ..even when just doing holiday snaps!!.

I liked it so much I grabbed another when coming home at the weekend....now I can finally using my lighting stands and background hanger that have been waiting for some lights !!

I thought Id share my first thoughts on a flash that I consider the best Ive ever owned .....anyone with other tips for its use please step up
    Last edited by Tommo1965; 13-09-2011 at 1:19pm.