Hi, I am a fairly new photographer who has only had point and shoot cameras up until early last month when my wife and I purchased a 5300 with a 18-140mm lens and a 50mm lens. I have been using/programming computers for over 22 years but have on been post editing images a little in the last couple of years as I was scanning in the photo's and making a family tree, but only since getting the new camera I've been using Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, Corel Paintshop, HDRsoft Photomatix Pro and any other useful tools I can find to play with to improve our images and get the results we're after.

Having 5 kids I don't have a lot of time to go out and take many photo's, but I often have enough time at home to edit a few photos on and off during the day, the benefit of 5 kids is I have a lot of subjects that are unique, always changing and something to focus my camera on, but mostly I leave the actual photo taking to the wife and just post edit them, occasionally she'll let me have a turn of the good camera (our current point and shoot is a Lumix tz20 and before that it was an old 2.4mp Olympus).

I am interested in learning more about photography so the photos I do take are worth keeping and for sharing with others, but until we get a little more time to concentrate on our new shared hobby and practice the things we learn, it may be a slow process to get there as I find that you read a few of the rules, ideas and camera settings, stand behind the camera and your lucky to remember 2 or 3 things at a time for each photo So I am a newbie to "real" photography, but hope with the help of you all here that I can pick up a few more tips that will make a difference to capturing the memories so I can share them with my kids in the future.

Hope to see you all in the threads soon (PS I have a strong sense of humor)

Glenn