PDA

View Full Version : PS CS6 sneak peek

Cyza
16-02-2012, 8:02pm
certainly hope this isn't a repost.

sneak peeks of what's to come from CS6. first video shows a little bit about ACR 7, and the overall look of CS6, whilst the second video demonstrates the power of the new content aware tool, something which has certainly got me excited as I use and abuse it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBIf9KljT68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrlsnQ32YhY

thoughts?

etherial
16-02-2012, 8:26pm
Looks unreal doesn't it. Again they've whacked in another gem of a feature worthy of an upgrade (IMO).

Certainly another step the anti-digital editing side will hate!

Bennymiata
16-02-2012, 9:20pm
No wonder B&H are selling CS5 so cheap at the moment!

Great new features in 6.

Cyza
16-02-2012, 9:35pm
if you consider 650 cheap... :/

I @ M
16-02-2012, 9:39pm
if you consider 650 cheap... :/

Of course it is cheap!
Buy it at that price and even with a hefty modest upgrade slug fee to the new version you don't have to own a camera any more cos the program allows you to create photographs without one. :rolleyes:

ricktas
17-02-2012, 6:01am
I have used content-aware fill on landscapes to remove rubbish on a foreshore etc, though I can often be found removing the real thing rather than doing it in editing. However, I certainly think tools like some of those offered in photoshop now, are the reason many (the public) are so aware that what they see in a photograph, is most likely manipulated.

I can see the benefits of these advanced features, but it also concerns me that we are going further and further away from photography, and closer to the realms of digital art. Such that, the public perception about photography being removed from reality becoming even more of an issue to us photographers, and we will find ourselves trying to justify our photos even more.

I can see the trash mags, using the content-aware move, to put celebrities closer together, or further away from each other, in a photo, to then create a story about love, or a falling out.

Whilst I do understand they are great tools, and I will probably give them a go, the overall effect on the perception of photography as being a reliable capture of a moment in time, is becoming lessened.

maccaroneski
17-02-2012, 11:40am
I'm nowhere near wringing out what CS5 has to offer... the last thing that I need is more features!

I'm much more excited by LR4.

rellik666
17-02-2012, 12:37pm
With you there Tony! Looking forward to LR4 particularly the video editing.... :)