PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Humpty Doo

rum pig
09-02-2012, 8:38am
Hi all
I have always love photography but never really been taught how to use a camera properly. When I was young I had old film point and shoot cameras and then eventually bought myself a Canon T5 (I think) and took some good photo with it and lots of really bad photos, I only really knew what the shutter speed did and the ISO rating on film the rest I was just guessing. Then I bought a Canon EOS 50 and again I did not know much but with full auto I was taking some nice photos but still did not fully understand what was happening. I found it hard to waste film on experiments and by the time the film came back to try and remember what I had done. Anyway the digital cameras hit the market and whilst I resisted for as long as possible I was eventually given a point and shot camera and fell in love with the no cost for bad shots and the instant processing but I did miss the surprise when you opened your photos after getting them back from your processor. I have been missing my old SLR so I decided that it was time to buy a new camera and bought a Canon EOS 550D and love it. I love that fact that I can take ten photos of the same thing with different settings and not cost me anything and I can see the results before I forget what I have done.
Well that my photography life in a nut shell.
I hope to learn lots from the wise people on here if you can put up with my silly questions.
Oh I should say I enjoy wildlife and macro photography.

Wayne63
09-02-2012, 8:49am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

Kym
09-02-2012, 10:18am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
09-02-2012, 8:25pm
.........but I did miss the surprise when you opened your photos after getting them back from your processor.
Just don't transfer your photos to the computer until a week after you've taken them.:D