PDA

View Full Version : Joined for Software

mystifah
04-02-2012, 12:55am
Well, initially I found this site through vb org & a private msg I received from Kym. I was looking for photo contest software and was told that I could receive a free copy of it by coming here. The software would be perfect for my website members.

I've been all over the site here and I still don't see where to get the software, perhaps someone can direct me to the proper place?

As for my intro, I love photography, Loathe facebook (the bane of the internet!) and other "social" sites. I like to photograph wildlife and mushrooms.

~ Mystifah

ricktas
04-02-2012, 7:25am
Nah, you misunderstood. You can USE the competition software here, to see if it is what you really want for your site, but not get a copy of it. On VB we advise people to join up and see how the competition software works (as a user), but we don't make it available anywhere on the net for people to just download. You need to discuss that directly with Kym, as he wrote it.

Kym
04-02-2012, 9:04am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

As for the comp software, if your site is a free site (no membership fees) and comps are run for free (no entry fees)
I would consider licensing under those terms, subject to discussion with Rick.

If you plan to make money from your site or the comps then a commercial license can be negotiated.

Mark L
05-02-2012, 10:14pm
G'day, Mystifah

As for my intro, I love photography, Loathe facebook (the bane of the internet!) and other "social" sites. I like to photograph wildlife and mushrooms.

Sounds like you've found a new place at AP that may work for you.
Hope you hang around and get involved. :th3: