PDA

View Full Version : Hello there!

canonfodder
30-01-2012, 8:20pm
My name is Peter and I have been playing around with photography since 1964 when I got my first 35mm SLR, an Asahi Pentax S1A with 50mm f2 lens. Over the years I took many photos, mainly slides, the subjects usually being family and holidays. Over time I bought a couple of Tamron lenses (with the adaptall fitting), then upgraded to a Nikon FM2 body. As I could not afford new Nikon lenses, I bought the Nikon adapters for the Tamrons and continued taking slides. In 2001 my brother in law died and left me with a Canon EOS 10 body, plus a couple of Canon lenses and a Sigma 24mm. By this time digital photography was starting to get up steam and after buying a Panasonic Lumix for my wife in 2008, I decided to go digital with a Canon EOS 350D. I used the Canon lenses I had and started to get interested again in photography. Now I have a Canon EOS600D body, the previous Canon lenses and a new EF-S 18-135mm zoom. This last lens arrived today from E Globaldigitacameras in HK, total cost including postage, insurance, and a UV filter, was AU$343.10. I apologise if this is a bit long-winded, but I am looking forward to getting involved in the photographic scene again.

Kerrie
30-01-2012, 8:24pm
Hi Peter.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your photos

Kerrie

ricktas
30-01-2012, 8:30pm
Welcome to AP. E-Global are AP site advertisers, they will be happy to know their support of the site is working

Pull up a chair and join in

Kym
30-01-2012, 8:33pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
30-01-2012, 9:16pm
Hi Peter and welcome to AP:)
Richard