PDA

View Full Version : Hiiiiiiiii I'm new...

tekkas chic
17-01-2012, 9:40pm
Hi All,
My name is Sasha and I live in Brisbane.
I have had a Canon EOS 1000D for about a year, and to be completely honest am struggling to learn how it works.

I LOOOOOVE photographing wildlife - like frogs, lizards, birds, crabs, etc. But I don't think I really have the right equipment for that kind of thing yet and am not willing to spend the thousands of dollars on lenses etc until I understand how to take a good photo with what I have. So I have I've booked into class/workshop to learn the basics and am hoping to go from there.

I was also looking at the *removed -read site rules 3-7*

I recently downloaded the Instagram app for my Iphone and discovered that I really love taking photos and creating my own little pieces of art :)

So, I'd just like to say Hi! Hopefully I can learn a few things and get involved with some of the competitions on the site - looks like that would be a lot of fun!

Kym
17-01-2012, 9:53pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) and have fun! Maybe try a competition or 2.

Before spending on a course, get the basics here first, have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

Mary Anne
17-01-2012, 9:59pm
Hi there Sasha :action66: and Welcome to AP.. I love Wildlife too.
That's a good idea to learn how to use your camera before spending a lot of money on lenses.
There are plenty of lenses that don't cost thousand of dollars and will give you good images.

ricktas
17-01-2012, 10:05pm
Welcome to AP. I edited your intro post, cause it breached the site rules

See you on the forums

tekkas chic
18-01-2012, 7:03am
Sorry Rick,
I did read that - my bad. Will keep that in mind from now on.
Cheers:)

MiniFighter
18-01-2012, 10:50am
Welcome to the AP family, enjoy!

Wayne.

Wayne63
18-01-2012, 1:13pm
:action66: Welcome to AP Sasha, there is a lot of info in the library section on here that would be of interest to you. Hope to see you in the forums soon.