PDA

View Full Version : SDHC Memory Card - HELP!

hello1234
15-09-2011, 8:22pm
I have just bought the SONY DSC-WX10 compact digital camera. I know it needs SD memory cards, but i have no idea what class or speed i should get??? I have started researching & i just keep getting more & more confused. I have also read reviews where other users have got a memory card that isnt fast enough which has slowed down the camera when in use which i also want to avoid. What class & speed of SDHC memory card do u think i need for this camera to be able to use it to its full potential??? Class 4, 6 or 10?? And what speed, 20MB/s, 30MB/s or higher??? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ricktas
15-09-2011, 9:35pm
according to the manual (which I downloaded to check the answers to your questions)

SDxc, SDhc, MS Pro Duo, can all be used. My rule is buy the fastest card you can afford, as the faster it is, the more it can keep up with video recording and primarily, the faster the data can be read off the card and onto the computer for editing.

hello1234
15-09-2011, 11:37pm
Thank you soo much for your information, it was a great help! So what does the speed in MB/s of a memory card mean?? What speed should i be looking at for the Sony WX10?? I have looked at some that are 15MB/s, some are 20MB/s and some are 30MB/s. Would the 15MB/s be ok for the WX10? Or would it be too slow & i should perhaps go for a 20 or 30MB/s? I will be taking some Full HD videos with it, but mostly photos. What speed would you recommend?

Thank you so much again

J.davis
16-09-2011, 4:01pm
Go class 10 at 30 mbs if your taking movies.

ricktas
16-09-2011, 4:07pm
Agree with the above, if you are taking HD movies get the fastest card available.

enigmatic
18-09-2011, 8:29pm
sandisk have some newish ones out, have a look on ebay, got some half price last week :)