PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used the Fotopro C-5i with FPH51G Ball Head Tripod ?

Regnis
13-06-2011, 4:02pm
I know you need to invest in a good tripod as i have a couple of great ones..but i have a mate who is just starting out and is on a budget and is after one around the $100 mark

came across this... was wondering if anyone has used it before. looks similar to the benro travel angel series

http://phototechnology.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/fotopro-alum-c-5i-b-tripod-monopod-review-w-fph-51g-ball-head/

arthurking83
13-06-2011, 6:02pm
My belief is that it's always worth taking a chance, keeping in mind the possibility that your mate may have to make a few(or a lot of) compromises to make this thing work as well as he can get it too.

that is; don't expect to mount a 300mm f/5.6 lens with a 2x teleconverter(hence producing a 600mm f/11 lens) and not get some form of vibration induced blur in the images.. etc, etc, ad nauseum ....

Also! don't confuse exposure delay in a camera to produce the exact same effect as a proper mirror lockup feature either.
Bot of which can be handy features for these small lightweight 'iff' tripods when the situation calls for it.

Gull87
25-07-2011, 5:14pm
Hi,

I just stumbled across this tripod/monopod.
How has your mate found using this tripod? I am also wondering whether it is a good option to go with considering its double up feature of being both a tripod and monopod.

KeeFy
25-07-2011, 9:59pm
My belief is that it's always worth taking a chance, keeping in mind the possibility that your mate may have to make a few(or a lot of) compromises to make this thing work as well as he can get it too.

that is; don't expect to mount a 300mm f/5.6 lens with a 2x teleconverter(hence producing a 600mm f/11 lens) and not get some form of vibration induced blur in the images.. etc, etc, ad nauseum ....

Also! don't confuse exposure delay in a camera to produce the exact same effect as a proper mirror lockup feature either.
Bot of which can be handy features for these small lightweight 'iff' tripods when the situation calls for it.

I doubt anyone who can afford a 300 f5.6 + 2x tele will be buying a sub $100 tripod. LoL.

But jokes aside, stick to reputable brands when it comes to cheap tripods. No brand cheap tripods are really flimsy.