PDA

View Full Version : jQuery Gallery

James T
23-05-2011, 5:09pm
Hi all,

I'm working on a new version of my website, because my current one is 100% Flash based and I fancy a change.

I started off looking at Wordpress, but trying to hammer it into shape was driving me mad, not to mention constantly getting request time-outs whenever I tried to do anything. But that's another story.

So I'm bashing something together in Dreamweaver CS 5 now. All well and good until I get to the gallery part.

I've tried using several different 'plug-in' solutions, but always get the same problem. The images display in a column running miles down the page (as though it's just displaying the list the slideshow is based on), instead of loading into a slideshow.

At the moment I'm working with slideViewerPro (http://www.gcmingati.net/wordpress/wp-content/lab/jquery/svwt/). I bet it's something really stupid I'm missing, any ideas?

This is what I've done so far:

-downloaded and unzipped the slideViewerPro files
-copy - pasted the 'list' code into my <body> (changed file paths to my images)
-copy - pasted the 'set up' code into my <head>
-downloaded jQuery and updated the path in the code to reflect my filename/path (also tried linking to Google CDN of jQuery instead)

I haven't touched his CSS or JS files.

As I said, I had the same issue with other galleries, so obviously I'm missing something probably very basic.

Test page I'm trying to get working is here. (www.jamesthomasphoto.com/test/inpassing.html)

Anyone able to help an idiot out?

Thanks in advance,

J