PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom support png file?

Cammada
17-04-2011, 9:55am
I was trying to imports pictures from my iPhone and discover that Lightroom won't support png so it won't import png files. Is there a way to get around that?

Will Capture One software be able to import png files from iPhone? I haven't use Capture One before but is curious if anyone know anything about it?

DAdeGroot
17-04-2011, 10:04am
The real question is, How did you manage to get your iPhone to shoot PNG instead of the default JPG ?

arthurking83
17-04-2011, 10:30am
The real question is, How did you manage to get your iPhone to shoot PNG instead of the default JPG ?

Maybe they're drawings? png is decent format to save an animation/drawing file.

If they are indeed png files, you can view edit and resave them using the free FSViewer (http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm).

Cammada
17-04-2011, 11:51am
PNG was created when I did the screen capture on iPhone by holding the home button and pressing power button.
After hours of google, I guess there is nothing I can do except using image processor from Adobe Bridge to convert png to jpg. I wish Lightroom could add features to give an option to convert png to jpg during import process.

DAdeGroot
17-04-2011, 12:25pm
PNG was created when I did the screen capture on iPhone by holding the home button and pressing power button.
After hours of google, I guess there is nothing I can do except using image processor from Adobe Bridge to convert png to jpg. I wish Lightroom could add features to give an option to convert png to jpg during import process.

Ah ok. I thought you were referring to photos taken with the iPhone, which are always in JPG format. But yeah, LR doesn't support PNG as far as I know. Quite easy to convert to JPG though, and given it's a screen cap, you shouldn't lose much in the way of quality for a single conversion.

Kym
17-04-2011, 2:10pm
Use Paint.NET to convert them http://www.getpaint.net/

pfb
20-04-2011, 11:53pm
If you're using a Mac, open the file in Preview then Save As... and pick JPEG.