PDA

View Full Version : Handy App for Mobile Phone

Briancd
01-04-2011, 3:42pm
Someone may have already brought this to light but I can't find it.

I recently found an app on the Nokia OVI store web site for an application for my Nokia smartphone that works out the Depth of Field. It caters for various types of camera (APS-C, DX, Full frame etc). It will save me carrying around the printed pieces of paper with the DoF charts printed on it. The web site is http://store.ovi.com/ . The application is called "Phototools".

etherial
01-04-2011, 7:13pm
To add to this, there are a couple for Android phones as well. I have "Photo Tools" and "DOF Calculator" on my Android phone and find them very useful.

ElectricImages
01-04-2011, 7:21pm
Speaking of handy apps for photography, make sure you download a copy of "Light Meter" - a spot meter for your iPhone. Can even be calibrated using an 18% grey card!

PerfectPicture
01-04-2011, 7:56pm
To add to this, there are a couple for Android phones as well. I have "Photo Tools" and "DOF Calculator" on my Android phone and find them very useful.

Yeah , got my Android Smart phone last week and already Pimped it out with 700 Plus Apps and counting on it.
heaps of Photography apps on the Android market and FREE ! You beauty! l say :D
Got PHOTOTOOLS,
Dof Calculator,
DOF Calc,
Photoaf Pro Panorama,
Camera Zoom v2.7,
Fast Burst camera App (takes 10 shots in rapid succession),
Pro Zoom 5x, app,
Photo Caddy (has heaps of helpful tips and suggestions on shooting various different scenes), etc etc.

Check them all out! Work Great on U8800 X5 Android V2.2.1 version.

Cheers