PDA

View Full Version : iPad apps.....what are your favourites?

Lani
28-09-2010, 7:38am
Firstly....this is not a thread about whether an iPad is worth it, so please keep to the thread topic!

I thought it would be useful to share apps that are good value, and am particularly interested in the photography ones (obviously :D)
I am interested in the portfolio ones, as they are quite expensive....I was hoping to hear from anyone that uses them to find out how they perform.

Having looked at a previous threads, Rick suggested Office HD, JM Tran uses Poses Professional, Adillucca: Guardian Eyewitness and Reuters Galleries.....both these are free and download news images from around the world...some examples just for starters.

kiwi
28-09-2010, 7:52am
filterstorm photo editor
adobe ps express photo editor
pulse news reader
zinio magazine store

ricktas
28-09-2010, 7:59am
Tiffen Filters App - Photo FX ultra - great photo editing tools
Photobucket - Lets you access your photobucket account
Files HD - lets you access files on your computer, using wifi
Video HD - Same as Files HD, but for videos
Friendy - Facebook App
Tapatalk - For accessing Ausphotography and other forums in a better format than using Safari
HDCamera - lets you link your iPhone and iPad to take photos using the iPhone and saving them direct to the iPad. You need to have software installed on both iPad and iPhone and it uses bluetooth to pair them. Works well with the 5MP camera of the iPhone4

Cheach
23-10-2010, 1:10am
Fotopedia Heritage
B&H Photo

astrogirl529
19-05-2011, 8:19am
Not sure if all of these work on the Ipad but I have them on my iphone:

Instagram
Hipstamatic
qbro for editing
360 Panorama
Diptic
Adobe Photoshop
Camera +
Slow Shutter

ameerat42
19-05-2011, 8:22am
Lani.
Well, I don't have an i-Pod,:( so I guess I just don't have an i-Pad, either.:(:(
(@ least, so I've been told.)

Monster
19-05-2011, 9:03am
Waiting for my Ipad2 (still got about 2-3 weeks for order to fill). Am keen to try some of these apps listed above. Is there an app to allow you to access Flikr through the Ipad?

Michaela
19-05-2011, 9:23am
Is there an app to allow you to access Flikr through the Ipad?
Flickr Studio is a great app, but I have found that I prefer just using Safari and accessing Flickr as normal. It works really well on the iPad unlike on the iPhone where the screen's too small. Same for AP - I've found there's no need to use Tapatalk. Love my iPad ... somedays the PC doesn't even get turned on now. :)

ving
19-05-2011, 9:36am
ipad2 still doesnt have a USB port! :lol::lol::lol:

i use photobucket app on android.

jim
19-05-2011, 9:50am
Thgere's a thing called Star Chart that uses GPS to show high definition photos, with labels, of whatever bit of the sky you point it at.

If I had an iPad or an iPhone I'd get that.

Wobbles
19-05-2011, 10:55pm
The Photographers Ephemeris - unfortunately not free like on the PC.. but handy if on the move. For those not familiar with it, works with Google Earth to give you sun/moon rise/set times direction etc. for any geographic location and date combination.

ricktas
20-05-2011, 5:41am
Agree with Wobbles, TPE is brilliant for any landscaper.

My newer ones include:

Easy Release : do your model releases on your iPad, pre-fill all your information, then just get the model to give their details, sign on the screen, and email yourself and the model a copy instantly. This is brilliant!

Informant HD : Great upgrade to the calendar App, that gives you a super diary system
Week Cal : another calendar upgrade that is also worth considering
(I am trialling both of these at present to see which one I want to use permanently)

The AIPP app, if you want to keep abreast of happening in the AIPP

Photoshop CS5 101 : if you want to learn how to use PS CS5, this app is chock full of video tutorials, from basic 'how to crop" through to levels, layers, gradients and more.

And to waste hours of precious time : Sudoku2HDPro (hehehehe)

kiwi
20-05-2011, 11:20am
That informant hd looks good, but it's exe and not sure it's all that flash on ms outlook

PTB
20-05-2011, 6:37pm
File browser - let's me access my NAS file storage over wifi
LightTrac - for sun and moon angles
Visimoon - moon visibility

Cheers
PTB

dawizard
20-05-2011, 6:56pm
The two i use on my daughters ipad are flipboard and zite. Zite pulls together heaps of articles and depending on your interests changes the contents. not much in the way of photography apps on there though, kiwi, what is filterstorm like?

kiwi
20-05-2011, 7:15pm
Yip, it's really good

Othrelos
21-05-2011, 12:17pm
I use focalware - it tells you where the sun/moon is going to be rising or setting, how high it will be in the sky at any time of the day...anywhere in the world.Very Useful app for travelling photographers.

jjnic
21-05-2011, 1:07pm
ipad2 still doesnt have a USB port! :lol::lol::lol:

The acer iconia tab has a usb port. just take the sd card out of your camera, plug it into a usb card reader and away you go. great for viewing files while travelling without lugging the laptop around :-)

Dont know if it works on the ipad but the amazon kindle app is great :-)

jasnat
23-05-2011, 8:04pm
Sun Seeker - Shows the path of the sun and direction while being overlaid on Google maps. also in 3D
pUniverse and GoSkyWatch for star position
MoonPhase

ricktas
23-05-2011, 8:14pm
TPE (as previously mentioned) does the sunrise/sunset thing, but cleverly takes into account your altitude and will show you that say a hill in front of you will block the sun, and specify the time the sun will breach that hill.

Boofhead
23-05-2011, 8:25pm
TPE (as previously mentioned) does the sunrise/sunset thing, but cleverly takes into account your altitude and will show you that say a hill in front of you will block the sun, and specify the time the sun will breach that hill.

Now that is cool! Amazing where technology is taking us :)

jev
24-05-2011, 7:29pm
Perhaps we'ld better start an Android thread too eh? I bought a Point of View Mobii (same thing as Advent Vega, ViewSonic 10s and so on) last month, not as good as the iPad but at half the price it certainly is value for money.