PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Beginner

wildlight
31-07-2024, 12:20pm
Hello there!

I'm a (largely unknown and unsuccessful) professional artist with intermediate beginner skills. Photography is my art of the instant. I have a love/hate relationship with its technicality; anxious that my work can be overshadowed by my technical ignorance and overjoyed by the obvious and instant improvements new technical skills grant me.

My influences are Saul Leiter, Cartier Bresson, Max Dupain, Annie Leibovitz, Olive Cotton and the million others whose skill and vision I've lusted after but whose names escape me right now. Black and white, high-contrast images quietly fulfil deep and empty places inside me but colour artfully captured and used to cultivate story and emotion can set me ablaze inside.

I'm largely self-taught serving brief stints in both prestigious institutions and underfunded RTOs. My experience has taught me that the value of the artist is in how she perceives herself and her work.

I hope to share some good work and vibes here :)

ameerat42
31-07-2024, 4:15pm
Welcome to AP, Wildlight.

But mainly, from reading your intro, you're not afraid of a challenge.

Here, you can get help and support in exploring the "technical" side of the photo-craft, as well as lots of
other constructive advice.

Apart from the usual CC (q.v.) forums for posting, there are Weekly Challenges (https://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?172255-The-2024-Members-Challenge-Week-32-INTERIORS) and Monthly Competitions (https://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?172254-Competition-Holiday-Break).
(Click on the links to see the latest ones, although the next comp doesn't open till this Sunday night.)

And of course, give your own constructive critique of other members' photos :nod:

So, join in and enjoy :th3:

Jaded62
01-08-2024, 6:27am
Welcome aboard Wildlight.

Mary Anne
01-08-2024, 7:53am
Welcome to AP wildlight, such a interesting Intro and will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums
So join right in when you can :nod:

wildlight
01-08-2024, 8:34am
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks :nod:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, looking forward to sharing :)