PDA

View Full Version : Jools: My intro

Joolstacho
27-09-2023, 10:12am
Now retired - but not from life! (Too many hobbies to list). Graphic Designer and Photographer. Design Consultancies in London early on, then about a decade as Art Director with the big Ad Agencies in Melbourne, followed by decades freelancing. For the last 8 or so years of my career I had a beautifully setup photostudio (all to myself). This was just as usable digital began to happen, at first I used a Phase One 'scan-back' on an Arca Swiss 5x4 camera. Cool ceiling running lights and backgrounds etc made things pretty easy. When DSLR became viable a D100 was added.
Much of the work was product photography, but some fashion, location / interiors, that sort of thing. I had a small darkroom for a few years at home. And I do have a modest collection of rangefinder and junk cameras.

Dreaded Phone and Nikon Digital (D70) like most I guess nowadays, but now my Mamiyas and Kowa are 'calling me home!'.
In case anyone's interested, here's a link to my website (I'm not operating professionally anymore so just out of interest):

www.whittakerdesign.com.au (http://www.whittakerdesign.com.au)

Also, in my second career as a guitar maker, (again -not commercially operating any more):

www.whittakerdesign.com.au/guitars (http://www.whittakerdesign.com.au/guitars)

Cheers.

ameerat42
27-09-2023, 12:48pm
Welcome to AP, Jools. From your experience and AP guidelines, you would be Advanced..

Anyway, join in and enjoy.

Joolstacho
27-09-2023, 1:15pm
THX mate, I didn't want to 'big-note' myself initially!

ameerat42
27-09-2023, 1:29pm
Not at all. Partly, it is designed to give people a fair go in photo competitions.

Joolstacho
27-09-2023, 1:36pm
Ah... I get it. Now changed. Apologies.

Mary Anne
27-09-2023, 3:51pm
Hello and Welcome to AP Jools :nod:
A very Interesting Intro and I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

ricktas
27-09-2023, 5:15pm
Welcome to AP, great intro post. Looking forward to seeing you round the forums.

bitsnpieces
30-09-2023, 7:59am
Welcome to AP Jools :D

Not at all. Partly, it is designed to give people a fair go in photo competitions.

Is it possible to go down in level? Lol

Haven't touched a camera for so long, don't even know how to use one now :lol:

Also need to update my sig when i get a chance... The A55 has finally retired, in a sense

ameerat42
30-09-2023, 11:46am
Think seriously about it, as some little practice would soon restore your skills to Advanced.