PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Margaret River, WA

WeirdyBeardy
21-07-2022, 2:57pm
Hi folks, just joined the site and thought I'd introduce myself :2smile: I've just moved from Sydney to Margaret River in WA after an 18-month trip around Aus with my wife and two kids in a caravan. I have lugged my Canon 6D and a multitude of lenses, drone, action cam, laptop, tripod and accessories up the highest ranges and into the deepest gorges, and most of it survived the adventure (thanks to a solid backpack).

I would consider myself intermediate, having been into my photography for half of my life, mainly into landscapes and astro, but I do dabble in pretty much anything (with varying results). My end-to-end workflow is lacking rigour though, and as a result I don't often find the time to sit down and do post editing. I do have a handful of travel photos that I plan to hang, which I'll post for CC, and once I've sorted through the other few thousand shots I'll post a handful more for feedback.

Anyway, :gday: glad to be here!

Mary Anne
22-07-2022, 7:13am
Hello and Welcome to AP and a very informative introduction, its good to read where Members have been and what they have been up to.
And after looking at what you have already posted, will look forward to seeing more.

WeirdyBeardy
22-07-2022, 3:15pm
Hello and Welcome to AP and a very informative introduction, its good to read where Members have been and what they have been up to.
And after looking at what you have already posted, will look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the welcome, Mary Anne.

ameerat42
22-07-2022, 3:40pm
Welcome to AP, WB...

It sure sounds like quite a journey.

Join in and settle down here too, and I reckon your experience might put you up
into Advanced soon.

NB: A bit of :o here. I wrote the foregoing yesterday and didn't hit "Post..." Lucky it still
remembered it, and I could resurrect the text. And now, having seen a couple of your pics,
and going on your description, I am confident you should be thinking of Advanced - soon :eek:

canguro
22-07-2022, 6:18pm
Hi WeirdyBeardy, and welcome. Hope your stay is long and enjoyable. This is a great website, a fine community full of skills and expertise. Enjoy!

18 months on the road, what a marathon! And towing a van... man, you're already a legend! Look forward to seeing your pics.

WeirdyBeardy
23-07-2022, 12:01am
Welcome to AP, WB...

It sure sounds like quite a journey.

Join in and settle down here too, and I reckon your experience might put you up
into Advanced soon.

NB: A bit of :o here. I wrote the foregoing yesterday and didn't hit "Post..." Lucky it still
remembered it, and I could resurrect the text. And now, having seen a couple of your pics,
and going on your description, I am confident you should be thinking of Advanced - soon :eek:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I will certainly keep an eye on the site and see how that leap feels (I've never really evaluated my level before). Look forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi WeirdyBeardy, and welcome. Hope your stay is long and enjoyable. This is a great website, a fine community full of skills and expertise. Enjoy!

18 months on the road, what a marathon! And towing a van... man, you're already a legend! Look forward to seeing your pics.

Thanks for the positive welcome, I look forward to learning from this fine community! It was a helluva journey that's for sure (including a car that blew up in Darwin) but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!