PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

MrScrew
09-03-2021, 5:30pm
Hey everyone,

New user here with limited photography experience. Less than a year with a Nikon D7500 and still exploring with it between four lenses. I have the 18-55mm plus the 70-300mm VR kit lenses as well as Nikon landscape/micro kit lenses (10-20mm & 40mm). The telephoto and wide angle lenses get the most use by far.

I'm currently around the Bathurst region in NSW.

ameerat42
09-03-2021, 5:58pm
Welcome to AP, MrScrew.

Join in and you'll soon get learning.
Ask Qs, etc. Get critique on your images.

The Library has some stuff that might help you.

ricktas
09-03-2021, 6:02pm
Welcome to AP. at least we got your access issues sorted (thanks hotmail). Enjoy the site. Hope we get to see some of your photos soon. One of the best ways to learn to improve is by posting photos and getting guidance from others.

MrScrew
09-03-2021, 6:55pm
Thanks guys, I'll post a few tomorrow in the beginners critique forum when I'm home.

Mary Anne
10-03-2021, 3:17pm
Hello and Welcome to AP. That's Good that You have already posted in the CC Forum, as it's a great way to learn :nod:
Looking forward to seeing what that Macro Lens produces with your Help of course, as it's one of the Genres I shoot when I am able .

MrScrew
10-03-2021, 5:26pm
Thanks Mary, I have to admit it is the lens I struggle to use the most as it just doesn't seem to click with me. I'll try to make it a challenge in the near future to improve on and start researching that style a bit more.

bitsnpieces
10-03-2021, 9:06pm
Hi and welcome to AP

You mentioned the tele and wide lens get used most, so if you're like me, you'll just get an 18-200 lens and be done with it XD

Photos will look nice regardless. Only when you fine tune your preferences and what you like shooting, will you really start to worry about lens quality and actual lens choice :)