PDA

View Full Version : Stewart’s title here...

StewartH
19-10-2019, 10:36am
Hi guys,
Thanks for having me on this forum. I’ve just regained an interest in photography and hope to have some positive engagement and share experiences and knowledge. I’m always busy with work and family but going to try to ensure I have some “me” time to catch my breath and do something I enjoy - photography and being creative.
Anyway, let the journey begin!

Cheers,
Stewart

ameerat42
19-10-2019, 10:43am
Hi and welcome, Stewart.
If you "regained" interest in photography, you might not be what we consider a
"Beginner", and you are perhaps "Intermediate". Have another look at Rule 1 here
and reconsider what it might be:
www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/misc.php?do=vsarules

You can easily change it in your profile.

ricktas
19-10-2019, 11:27am
Welcome to AP. Glad you got the registration sorted out:D

Looking forward to seeing some of your photography soon.

StewartH
19-10-2019, 12:36pm
Thanks Rick! I’m looking forward to getting involved, asking questions and hopefully answering some :nod:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi and welcome, Stewart.
If you "regained" interest in photography, you might not be what we consider a
"Beginner", and you are perhaps "Intermediate". Have another look at Rule 1 here
and reconsider what it might be:
www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/misc.php?do=vsarules (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/misc.php?do=vsarules)

You can easily change it in your profile.

hi ameerat42,
Thanks for the welcome. When I read the level classification I kind of felt I fit somewhere between beginner & intermediate. I am only a hobbyist and haven’t done a heck of a lot of shooting. I am hopeful that will change. I have pretty much always shot in auto but now I want to understand my cameras, lenses, compositions and post/editing to make it all work.
I’ll stick with beginner for now and give myself a promotion when I think I deserve it or the critics tell me otherwise. :)

Mary Anne
19-10-2019, 5:58pm
Hello Stewart and Welcome to AP. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the CC Forums.
You will get lots of Help here and its wont take long to get you off Auto. :2smile:

Mark L
20-10-2019, 9:59pm
Welcome aboard Stewart. Hang around here and ask questions and you'll learn quick enough.
I reckon the first step away from auto shooting with you camera is aperture priority. Of cause it depends on what you are photographing and your gear. I mostly take photos of birds at 600mm, so I set ISO800, f/8 and let the camera deal with the shutter speed.

StewartH
20-10-2019, 11:22pm
Thanks Mary Ann! That’s one of my initial goals :)

rwg717
21-10-2019, 9:17pm
Hello Stewart and welcome:D
Richard

StewartH
21-10-2019, 9:43pm
Thanks Mark! Bingo... I visit old friend YouTube a bit for learning/research and have noticed AV is a good stepping stone from Auto.
I will enjoy all the learning and I hope it’s as easy and fast as a few have suggested :D

Mark L
23-10-2019, 9:51pm
I will enjoy all the learning and I hope it’s as easy and fast as a few have suggested :D
Sometimes slower is faster.;)
You can need to understand one thing before you can move on and without a plan you end up trying to understand 3 things at the same time.
A learning plan is free here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book
Of cause some of this is not relevant to what you are doing but it sets some orderly stepping stones for you to have an idea about what you should look at on that youtube place.

StewartH
24-10-2019, 11:54pm
Thanks for the link and bringing that to my attention Mark. I will peruse the detail and undoubtedly take a lot from it! :th3: