PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Brookestaff
13-06-2019, 3:26pm
Hi Everyone,
My name is Brooke. I reside in Queensland, south of Brisbane and west of the Gold Coast.
I've been a hobby photographer since I was 16 years old. I picked up my very first DSLR in 2011 and started taking my photography a little more seriously after my daughter was born in September 2014.

I love photographing people in particular with a particular passion for capturing candid moments. I'm pretty passionate about my photography being able to tell a story. Therefore I primarily shoot on location. I'm forever scouting locations - I can't drive anywhere without taking notice of locations and lighting. I'm forever dreaming up visions of what my next shoot will look like. I'm constantly researching. I'm 100% self taught and I'm a learner by doing. So I prefer to do my own problem solving as I go in order to learn and hone my craft.

Photography has also become a huge factor and coping mechanism to help me to manage anxiety that was developed after I broke my neck in a serious accident in 2009. I also love getting creative with videography - but more a home video style rather than broadcast type - in keeping with my passion for candidness.

I love having the ability to share my craft, images, knowledge and experiences with others.

At the present time I use a cropped sensor Canon 60D (on loan after the shutter on my 600D died earlier in the year) with various Canon lenses. I've been saving like mad - and in about 3 weeks time, I plan on upgrading (finally) to my dream full frame 5D.

ameerat42
13-06-2019, 3:34pm
Welcome to AP, Brooke.

Mary Anne
13-06-2019, 4:50pm
Hello Brooke and Welcome to AP.. I like this intro Post learning something about you, what camera you use and what camera you will be getting :nod:
Post some images on the Forum for CC, and I see you have already commented on a older post so good on you that's a good start.

ricktas
13-06-2019, 6:28pm
Welcome to AP Brooke. See you and your photos on the forum soon.

Mark L
16-06-2019, 10:56pm
I love having the ability to share my craft, images, knowledge and experiences with others.

Welcome to a wonderful place that will let you do that.:th3:
And don't forget to use your experience to comment on other peoples photos. :th3:

rwg717
19-06-2019, 8:06pm
Hi Brooke and welcome to AP:D
Richard