PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

supremesupports
11-06-2019, 4:12pm
Hello Guys, I am a new guy here to learn and discover more about photography from people who photograph. Please be kind to me.

ameerat42
11-06-2019, 4:23pm
Welcome to AP. We're always kind :D

ricktas
11-06-2019, 4:27pm
Welcome to AP. Note that I have removed your other post. Please read the site rules. You cannot promote products or services in any way till you have 30 days membership and 50 posts (both must be met).

Mary Anne
11-06-2019, 4:38pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. You will get plenty of help here.
Post some photos on the CC Forums that's the best way to learn.

supremesupports
11-06-2019, 5:10pm
I am seeing it! :nod:

supremesupports
11-06-2019, 6:52pm
I don't know which post you are talking about? Recently I replied to a comment about a monitor. But I wasn't promoting that monitor! I just posted my opinion because I have that particular model! Bots can't do humanly things!

ricktas
11-06-2019, 7:21pm
I don't know which post you are talking about? Recently I replied to a comment about a monitor. But I wasn't promoting that monitor! I just posted my opinion because I have that particular model! Bots can't do humanly things!

It is not about bots. In the past we have had people join up and post opinion about websites, services, companies, gear or camera shops etc. We have later found out that the person posting has an interest in what they are saying is great, or they are the competitor in the market with the one they are bagging out for bad service etc. So our 30/50 rule is to ensure anyone who joins shows us their bona fides by being active participating members before they either tell us how great something is or how bad it is. Ensures any reviews are genuine, nothing more, nothing less.

supremesupports
11-06-2019, 7:34pm
If I'm not allowed to offer my opinion to others, then what am I supposed to do in the forum?? Being IDLE? Isn't forum all about sharing thoughts?

ameerat42
11-06-2019, 7:49pm
You are generalising. Give your opinion on photos that other members post. Post your own photos and ask for critique.
Ask questions about photography, techniques, the use of equipment, setup (like you did in your other post). What is
being IDLE about that? The only restriction that applies to all new members is the one that has been described again
to you - and which you no doubt read about when you signed up. The explanation provided was supposed to clear up
any doubts as to what "promotion" (or "complaint") means in terms of that rule. It was not intended to be argued about.
Don't make up a scenario and claim to be a victim of it.

So let's see what what you have to offer in the rest of the wide field available to you until the 30/50 restriction is up.

ricktas
11-06-2019, 8:25pm
If I'm not allowed to offer my opinion to others, then what am I supposed to do in the forum?? Being IDLE? Isn't forum all about sharing thoughts?

Here is the rule:
NEW MEMBER LIMITATIONS

These rules have been put in place due to the increase in spammers pretending to be regular members, and posting promoting companies, products or services. As we have no way of knowing who is and who isn't a spammer these 30 days and 50 posts rules apply to all new members.

Members with Under 30 day’s membership and/or 50 posts:

[3] Are not allowed to promote or complain! Promotions or complaints about services/people/organisations/products/businesses by new members is not allowed anywhere on Ausphotography. New members are also not allowed to seek/advertise employment (either paid or unpaid) anywhere on the site.

You are allowed to post opinion on photos (critique etc), you are not allowed to promote or complain about services/people/organisations/products/businesses.

It is quite simple to understand really. This does not restrict you in any way participating on this photographic site, by posting photos for critique, critiquing others photos. Or asking for assistance in how to photograph boudoir etc. It simply means you cannot tell others how bad or good a business, product or service is until you reach 30 days membership and 50 posts.

supremesupports
11-06-2019, 8:39pm
ok, got it. Thanks.

Mark L
11-06-2019, 8:59pm
....Isn't forum all about sharing thoughts?
Indeed it is. So head over to the bird forum and over my some thoughts on composition, better PPing ideas and just general "wow, how good is that." :lol:
Just don't recommenced a new screen that I should buy for me to look at my photos on for a while.:D
Your user name suggests once you have the 30/50 dealt with you'll be promoting some ladies fashion clothing. :D
Welcome to AP and I hope you find a way to get involved here.:th3:

supremesupports
16-06-2019, 9:22pm
better PPing ideas and just general "wow, how good is that." :lol:

That was good!