PDA

View Full Version : Back into it.

Fitzy1201
04-03-2019, 7:41pm
Hello all,

I decided to take a bit of time off to do some self learning in the ways of the photography art. Watching copious amounts of videos and taking photos with some newly acquired equipment. I feel I am getting better at this wonderful craft. I recently did a friends engagement shoot based on what I have learnt and I think the photos came out quite nicely. I look forward to participating in the forums again and discussing everything photography with you all.

Cheers
Andrew

Mark L
04-03-2019, 7:52pm
Welcome back Andrew and look forward to seeing some photos based on what you've learned.
And maybe find the time to comment were you think what you have learned can help someone else here.:th3:

Watching copious amounts of videos and taking photos with some newly acquired equipment.

So does that mean you have to update the equipment you list in your signature or is that your new stuff??

Fitzy1201
04-03-2019, 8:00pm
Thanks Mark.

I got a speedlite 430EX III-RT for my anniversary from my better half last year and a bit before I went on 'hiatus' I purchased the Tamron 18-400mm, and have been working how to get the most out of these tools. I am about to update my signature to reflect the speedlite :)

Some of the techniques I have been working in is Posing and getting the most out of my speedlite. I like to watch some videos from the SLR Lounge Youtube channel with Pi, who gives great critiques and is very insightful. I have also been following PHLEARN on Youtube aswell and boy does Aaron Nace have a world of Photoshop/Lightroom knowledge to pass on. Would definitely recommend both of these channels for sure.

ameerat42
05-03-2019, 5:39am
Welcome back, Fitzy. That sounds interesting.

Good advice from Mark.

ricktas
05-03-2019, 6:10am
Welcome back

Mary Anne
05-03-2019, 7:42am
Welcome back, Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forum taken with that new Speedlite.
And don't forget to comment on other Members posts as that's what makes Forums work :nod: