PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Sydney

lisaNeedsBraces
03-10-2018, 5:32pm
Hey guys,

New here - been after a photography forum for a while now so am surprised I've only found out about ausphotography now.

I travel and take photos of stuff and have been doing so for a few years. Am by no means a professional, nor do I consider myself "up there", but have been lucky enough to have sold a handful of random photos I've taken - pure luck.

Currently using a Olympus XA, XA2, Fuji X-pro1, Sony A7 and an RX1, all with a few primes and a few legacy M42 lens.

Thanks for having me!

Bianca
03-10-2018, 6:02pm
Welcome! I haven't been here long either and have found people to be really nice and helpful. And funny. [emoji16]

ricktas
03-10-2018, 6:48pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up your chair, join in, show us some photos, comment on others photos... and be funny if you want to.:lol:

Mark L
03-10-2018, 7:58pm
Welcome! I haven't been here long either and have found people to be really nice and helpful. And funny. [emoji16]

You must have a different sense of humour to me as I've found everything here rather serious. And so it should be when it comes to photography. :)

Welcome aboard lisa, or do we call you Braces or the shortest version of lNB.
If you have been looking for a forum to play on then you've found it.:th3:
Obviously forums need people to play, so play away. Post photos and offer CC. And most importantly head over to the birds place and commend all my photos. (Seriously, I still can't understand what Bianca was referring to about funny.:confused013)

Geoff79
04-10-2018, 10:22am
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing some pics, especially ones you’ve been able to sell. Congrats on that. :)

Snooks
04-10-2018, 11:10am
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a total newbee to photography, I'm also new in the forum so please don't be expecting much photographic advice or assistance from me.

But I do offer you a sincere welcome and i'm sure that you will enjoy being here. Everyone is very friendly, there is some great knowledge in the threads and articles and if you need advice, there is always someone willing to help.

I'm located out at Emu Heights, just above Penrith but I often go fishing in the Georges River just down from you. I must say, you live in a great part of town with a nice mixture of bushland and access to all you could need in the way of work or shopping.

The local NRL Team (Bulldogs) sucks, but you could really impress me if you declare that you are a Manly Sea Eagles Fan.

Have a great day :)

Mary Anne
04-10-2018, 5:32pm
Hello Lisa and Welcome to AP, you will be glad that you found this Forum as there are a great bunch of Folks on Here.
Some always willing to Help. I laugh a lot of here so it is a funny Forum as you will see.
So join right in and start posting on the Forums for CC.. And dont get to serious now just enjoy the Forum as you are learning :nod: