PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lancashire UK

benjidog
19-09-2018, 10:43pm
G'Day All.

By way of introduction, I am a retired IT consultant living in Lancashire UK. My first ventures into photography were with a Russian Leica copy back in the 1970s. After that I got a MPP 5x4 cut firm camera which I still have, though for display purposes only. Then on to various Canon SLRs - the latest being an EOS 60D. I also use a Small Sony camera for lightness and am not too proud to use the camera on my iPhone.

I have to admit that my photos will never win prizes and a whole lot are of my dogs and the countryside plus family but I get enjoyment from them.

I hope to get inspired by the photos on this website.

Best wishes,

Brian

dacar
19-09-2018, 11:10pm
Welcome, Brian. My parents hailed from Lancashire - a lovely part of the British Isles.
Don't be afraid to post iPhone shots of your dogs. Just get involved.

ricktas
20-09-2018, 6:24am
Welcome to AP, Brian.

Hope we see you and your photos on the forums soon.

nardes
20-09-2018, 7:02am
Welcome to AP Brian - great to see another Lancashire Lad on the Forum.:)

Cheers

Dennis

Mark L
20-09-2018, 7:40pm
Welcome aboard Brian.
I also started my photography journey with a Russian camera. It was a Zenit and served me well until it fell apart. lol
I than also progressed to Canon cameras.
bets things about forums is you can get involved, so looking forward to you getting involved. (commenting on other peoples photos is a good thing)
Cheers.

Mary Anne
21-09-2018, 10:29pm
Hello Brian and Welcome to AP... Variety is the spice of life.
I feel I am very lucky living at a time and owning DSLR’s, point and Shoot, mirrorless and smart phone cameras.
So Will look forward seeing what you post on the forums, whatever camera you used.

benjidog
22-09-2018, 1:43am
Thank you for the welcome. I am attempting to post my first photo - hopefully I will work it out shortly.

ricktas
22-09-2018, 8:08am
Thank you for the welcome. I am attempting to post my first photo - hopefully I will work it out shortly.

Click on Library on the main menu across the top of the site, then go into the How Do I section, for some guidance on posting and doing other things on the site.

Snooks
26-09-2018, 8:23am
Welcome to the forum mate :)

I am an old Mlddlessborough boy, having come out here in 1969.

This is a great place, people are friendly, the assistance is awesome and the threads and information that you can read are beyond belief. Pull up a chair, take a week off work and you should almost have time to catch up on what's been happening :)