PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

Pup
07-10-2017, 10:04am
Hello everyone.

I'm in need of some help. My son who is 11 is sponsored by a American company for all his eye wear. Part of the contract is that we upload images to social media (instagram) and tag the company.

I recently took some action shots of him in the pool and down on the beach (surf life saving).

The company got in contact with us this morning and are requesting to use my some of the photo's for an display show over in Dubai.

Thats good for me but I'm wondering what do I do now.

Any help will be great full.

ricktas
07-10-2017, 10:12am
Not sure what you mean by what do you do now? Are you asking us about how much to charge, or should you do it, or something else

I suppose it all depends on what the rest of the contract you have in place for his eyewear already contains, as well as the part about uploading to social media and tagging. So without us knowing what you have already agreed to contractually 'whad do I do now?" has no answer.

Pup
07-10-2017, 10:45am
Contract is my son and them and not me and them

Never mind delete thread.

cheers

ricktas
07-10-2017, 10:54am
Contract is my son and them and not me and them

Never mind delete thread.

cheers

umm, Under Australian Law, 11year olds cannot sign contracts... well they can, but it is not legally binding. Only a person over 18 is allowed to sign a legally binding contract.

Also, I was trying to clarify what you were asking? You did not advise what you were asking, whether it was how much to charge etc. Sorry that trying to clarify what you wanted from us, got your knickers in a twist.

Pup
07-10-2017, 2:31pm
umm, Under Australian Law, 11year olds cannot sign contracts... well they can, but it is not legally binding. Only a person over 18 is allowed to sign a legally binding contract.

WOW so glade your site Admin, thanks for the excellent help.

I'm so lucky that myself and my wife signed the contract as his parents and not my under aged son. I wouldn't like to break "AUSTRALLAIN LAW" and get a minor to sign a legal contract.

So you're saying an under aged person can not sign a contract? What happens when an under age person get their first job and signs a contract of employment.Aren't You telling us this is illegal?

Aren't you off topic now.
Again thanks for the help champion

Steve Axford
07-10-2017, 8:46pm
interesting troll.Well handled Rick.

Geoff79
10-10-2017, 5:04pm
What? What just happened here? I don’t understand this one at all.

That’ll teach you to try and help someone out, Rick. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikew09
10-10-2017, 5:09pm
I'm confused - was this a request for help? :nod:

ricktas
10-10-2017, 6:55pm
I'm confused - was this a request for help? :nod:

I thought it was, but apparently asking him questions to clarify what he wanted, was offensive to him. In the end, I closed his account. Then I got abusive emails. :D

Geoff79
10-10-2017, 7:35pm
I find stuff like this so curious. Looking back over previous threads and even the original post in this thread, he just seemed like a normal poster. Looks like he’s been here for 6 years... then just loses it when you ask the question that every single person who read his post would have been wondering? Why?

I hate unsolved mysteries. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Axford
10-10-2017, 8:38pm
I must admit that my first reaction to the post was "this is fishing for a response so he can get offended". And ... he was. Trolls are getting more sophisticated, but this one didn't get the response he hoped for.

patchy
10-10-2017, 9:05pm
every sport is different

Take surfing,

Mick Fannings sponsored by quiksilver, If I have a shot of him that I took and they want it they'll pay for it

If micks mum took the shot given they give him $1mil a year and gave him his own surf shop in Coolangatta she'd probably give them the photo for free

You need to work out where you are on the getting paid or give it for free scale

ricktas
11-10-2017, 6:30am
every sport is different

Take surfing,

Mick Fannings sponsored by quiksilver, If I have a shot of him that I took and they want it they'll pay for it

If micks mum took the shot given they give him $1mil a year and gave him his own surf shop in Coolangatta she'd probably give them the photo for free

You need to work out where you are on the getting paid or give it for free scale

The issue is that we are not even sure if it about sport. The only reference to sport by the OP was this line "I recently took some action shots of him in the pool and down on the beach (surf life saving)", which implies it could be sport related, but it may not. And there-in lies the issue with the OP's post asking for help. It was to vague. And apparently asking for clarification was something we were not supposed to do