PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit of a humble brag.. ;)

yummymummy
15-02-2017, 9:42pm
So, for the last 4 years I've applied myself and done the leg work with rugby, taking photos of my kids premier squad, premier reserve, colts and the ladies teams. I took head shots, I took game shots, I got invited along by a friend to shoot a QLD Reds rugby match and loved every minute of it.
At the end of last year I got an email from the Reds to say that media pass applications would be opening and to fill out the form if I wanted to apply. It was a blanket email, sent out to photographers that had worked the Reds games in the past. I'm not affiliated with any newspaper, or magazines, but on Sunday night I got an email to say I'd been given accreditation for the Reds games for this year!!! :D I got a media pass, off my own back, doing the hard yards.. I'm very proud, and I just thought I would share :)

ameerat42
15-02-2017, 9:49pm
This post qualifies for accreditation as a "general photographic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else".
As such, it has been transferred to f-stop.

---And congratulations on the news.:2cheer:

Mark L
15-02-2017, 10:17pm
Rugby? QLD Reds??
If you want to make a name for yourself the Bronco's are the go.:lol::lol:

Good on you.:th3:
Based on what I've seen I reckon you'll churn out some good photos. Good luck with your opportunity.
If ever they ask you to go and photograph a pre-season trial match in Mudgee ....... :D

Mary Anne
15-02-2017, 11:29pm
:wd: Kirsty and Congratulations Thats Wonderful News :th3:

yummymummy
16-02-2017, 4:49am
Thanks everyone.
I've shot the league at qrl level, and wasnt as happy as i am shooting the rugby. The crowds are different, more fun at a union game :) i love my rugby, it's my favourite time of year - rugby season :D

aussirose
16-02-2017, 8:14am
Congratulations. How exciting for you :)

Steve Axford
16-02-2017, 9:03am
Does that mean you can sit on the boundary line?

yummymummy
16-02-2017, 9:38am
Does that mean you can sit on the boundary line?

yep, that's exactly what it means. :) as long as I stay out of the red lines for the foxtel cameras, I can go pretty much where ever I want. :)

Steve Axford
16-02-2017, 11:05am
I might even get interested in union if I could get a spot like that! No wonder you're happy. You'd have to be ready for a quick getaway if the players looked like they would land on you - or your camera.

yummymummy
16-02-2017, 1:11pm
I might even get interested in union if I could get a spot like that! No wonder you're happy. You'd have to be ready for a quick getaway if the players looked like they would land on you - or your camera.
Haha, yeah they move pretty quick, you have to be on your toes! I've actually had one of the premier boys crash into me at our club, I got smashed , it was great!!! Thank goodness I'm not a little girl lol :)

Floribunda
16-02-2017, 2:27pm
Well done you! How lovely to get appreciation for something you love so much.
I wish you many great photos in the future! :th3:

Mark L
16-02-2017, 9:43pm
I've actually had one of the premier boys crash into me at our club, I got smashed , it was great!!!

:lol::th3::th3:

yummymummy
16-02-2017, 11:47pm
Well done you! How lovely to get appreciation for something you love so much.
I wish you many great photos in the future! :th3:
Thank you!! I hope to be able to post a couple up on here in the coming months :) first home game at Suncorp Stadium is next week. Can't wait! :D

:lol::th3::th3:

;) ... I'm getting pretty good at moving the camera.. I can heal, cameras cost money to fix lol

Hamster
16-02-2017, 11:53pm
Nice, really well done. I wish they did union more here instead of that afl stuff.

*~Min~*
17-02-2017, 5:11pm
Congratulations yummymummy! What a great accomplishment [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bricat
18-02-2017, 2:30am
Nothing wrong with a little bragging. Well done to you.

yummymummy
18-02-2017, 8:58am
Nice, really well done. I wish they did union more here instead of that afl stuff.
Thank you!! yeah rugby is getting harder to watch too with everything moved to foxtel :-/ I wish it were as freely available to watch as rugby league!

Congratulations yummymummy! What a great accomplishment [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thank you!! :D

Nothing wrong with a little bragging. Well done to you.
Thanks so much, that's what I thought ;)

sanger
18-02-2017, 10:42am
That's an amazing story...well done.

Hamster
20-02-2017, 7:16pm
Thank you!! yeah rugby is getting harder to watch too with everything moved to foxtel :-/ I wish it were as freely available to watch as rugby league!

You could do what I, er, I mean, some people do and get yourself a VPN service like Private Internet Access. Then you can give yourself an IP address in the U.K. and use BBC iplayer to watch things like the 6 Nations rugby which is currently on, as well as quite a few internationals.

DacrimL
20-02-2017, 8:46pm
Congrats on the hard work, it's good to see that type of effort and commitment finally pay off :wd:

NikonNellie
21-02-2017, 8:13am
Congratulations Kirsty - a wonderful achievement for you!

yummymummy
22-02-2017, 9:19am
Congratulations Kirsty - a wonderful achievement for you!

Thanks lovely lady! :) I'm stoked, I have my first game at Suncorp Stadium Friday night and can't wait! It'll be the first game where my son and I are both together, he's ball boy and I'm taking photos :)

JJM
22-02-2017, 9:23am
Thanks lovely lady! :) I'm stoked, I have my first game at Suncorp Stadium Friday night and can't wait! It'll be the first game where my son and I are both together, he's ball boy and I'm taking photos :)

That's very cool being both there together in an official capacity!! Well done!! :th3:

yummymummy
22-02-2017, 9:27am
That's very cool being both there together in an official capacity!! Well done!! :th3:

Thanks Jeremy! yeah I think so too. He's been doing ball boy duties for them for a couple of years now. He did the Sydney 7's last year, and the Brisbane Global 10s this year too. :) I'm very proud of him.

Mark L
22-02-2017, 8:54pm
It'll be the first game where my son and I are both together, he's ball boy and I'm taking photos :)
Now remember what you are there for and it's not family photos.:lol2:

yummymummy
24-02-2017, 1:58pm
Now remember what you are there for and it's not family photos.:lol2:

Haha, yeah I don't think there'll be too many family photos lol.. there are fellas, on the field, playing rugby! :D I'm gonna be in my element :D

bitsnpieces
26-02-2017, 5:50am
Congratulations!
I guess it really is possible, as it's kinda what I was hoping to do, once I have a camera and my wife lets me out more lol

yummymummy
26-02-2017, 3:36pm
Congratulations!
I guess it really is possible, as it's kinda what I was hoping to do, once I have a camera and my wife lets me out more lol

Oh, it's definitely possible. I have worked my butt off the last couple of years ( about 5 years) taking photos at club level, then senior club level, and now I get to take photos of the super rugby! Long days doing the juniors, lots of photos, and lots of kms walking but every bit was worth it. From the sore swollen feet, to the strained ACL and rotator cuff.. lol. all worth it.

Lance B
26-02-2017, 5:06pm
Well done and a hearty congratulations! :th3:

yummymummy
27-04-2017, 3:20pm
Well done and a hearty congratulations! :th3:
thank you! :th3: