PDA

View Full Version : Im the new guy

lajon0
08-02-2017, 11:53pm
Hi team,
My name is Leon, happy to meet you all.
bit of a back story, I've been a photography enthusiast for about 13years,
I work in hospitality, the hours are terrible so time and money is a bit of an issue.
currently running a Canon 70D, 50mm 18-55mm and 75-300m

Working in pubs almost made me lose my interest in photography, as i said the money sucks and the hours are bad and i just didnt have the time to go out, play around and enjoy myself, nor could i afford the gear that i wanted.
I dont like to study, im more of a hands on person, so i pretty much learn as i go. in the last 18minth, watching youtube videos, joining forums, and attending free canon workshops, i've started to appreciate photography more, and i hope to learn more skills from you guys.

at the moment I've just been following my DJ friends around various clubs in brisbane, working on my videography skills. i've made a few videos for different headlining DJs who have used my photos and videos for their own promotional use, which is pretty sweet.

hoping to start an photography and video service for live music and events soon.

anyway, see you out there.

bricat
09-02-2017, 1:48am
Welcome Leon. It is a great place to learn and share.

ricktas
09-02-2017, 6:24am
Welcome to AP Leon. Pull your chair up, join in, learn, and show us some of your photography

Mary Anne
09-02-2017, 9:59am
Hello Leon and Welcome to AP, an interesting intro and looks like you know the basics of Photography that helps :nod:
And good that you attend the free Canon workshops I have never got around to them myself though wanted too.
Sounds like a good plan re the Video.. And will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forum :2smile:

rwg717
10-02-2017, 7:51pm
Hi Leon and welcome to AP.:D
Richard

bitsnpieces
14-02-2017, 1:22pm
Hi Leon and welcome to AP! :D
Looking forward to learning from the things you share