PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

aVex
13-12-2016, 10:03am
I've been an amateur'ish photographer for many years.
Starting out with the Canon 350D > 40D > 6D and now my lifelong dream I have just acquired the 5D IV two days ago.

Hoping to be an active contributor to this forum, to learn and share knowledge and experience.

Cheers
Gavin

sunset
13-12-2016, 11:17am
Welcome to AP Gavin. Enjoy your new camera.

ricktas
13-12-2016, 11:57am
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

Mary Anne
13-12-2016, 2:48pm
Hello Gavin and Welcome to AP. And congrats on the new camera its good to fill a lifelong dream
I see by your list of cameras you have been shooting for many years, so you will be able to offer the Members lots of Help.
No mention on what Genre you shoot, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..

Mark L
13-12-2016, 9:17pm
Welcome aboard Gavin.
You will get out of this forum what you put in. Hope you can get a bit involved. Post photos, make comments, start inquisitive threats or have fun in the Members Challenge forum. :th3:

No mention on what Genre you shoot, .....
I was thinking about a 5D IV but since I like birds I'm looking at the 80D with the crop sensor. Any thoughts there Gavin?

bobt
14-12-2016, 9:49pm
Starting out with the Canon 350D > 40D > 6D and now my lifelong dream I have just acquired the 5D IV two days ago.
Hoping to be an active contributor to this forum, to learn and share knowledge and experience.
Cheers
Gavin

Welcome Gavin, as a Melbourne man of course you're already ahead of the game. I too shoot with a 6D, but I can't see me upgrading as long as my skill set is the weak link in the photographic chain. I don't deserve anything fancier than the 6D until I find it limiting .... at the moment it finds *me* limiting!! :D

jjphoto
15-12-2016, 7:15am
welcome

bricat
18-12-2016, 1:26am
Welcome Gavin. Melbourne is a great place to live