PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Mark

SQWIZARD
08-12-2016, 2:54pm
Hi all,

My name's Mark and I've enjoyed photography as a hobby since the early 1970's.
I left school in 1974, to take a sales position with Wagner Photographic in the CBD of Melbourne.
From Wagners, I moved to Ted's Camera Store as an assistant manager, in various stores in Melbourne and it's suburbs.

My original gear consisted of Olympus OM-1 and when it was released, the OM-2.
I was into Motorsport (competing and photography), so most lenses and accessories were based around this. (250 back, 5 fps motor drive, etc)

From photography, I moved to car audio, which I was involved with for the past 35 years, as both a store owner and custom installer for a few of the better known stores around Melbourne.
My photography hobby, tied in well with this career, being able to photograph the build process of my many award winning Sound Quality installations and the many top show cars involved.

i have now semi-retired after suffering a stroke in early 2013 and spend my days enjoying life, while living at Philip Island.

These days I own an Olympus E-410 dslr, with the Zuiko 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses, along with the FL-36 external flash.
i have read the E-410 was/is not necessarily a "popular" model, but for my needs and budget at the time of purchase, it has been more than capable.

i hope to learn from the members of the forum, as well as contribute where I can.

Cheers
Mark

ricktas
08-12-2016, 3:02pm
Welcome Mark. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

ameerat42
08-12-2016, 3:03pm
I Mark. Welcome to AP...
You have a good username, as you must be the SQWillionth "Mark" we have
here.

Anyway, with all that photographic experience, how can you put yourself
as a "Beginner"? :D Recommending you for Advanced...:th3:

Meanwhile, join right in...
Am.

SQWIZARD
08-12-2016, 3:22pm
Thanks Rick..
I look forward to getting "active" on the forum

:)
Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Am,

The SQWizard is a nickname I was given by fellow car audio guys, because of the success they achieved with their car audio systems I installed or tuned for them, in car sound competitions.
This was for proper Sound Quality, not the typical 19 year olds, "boom boom" system. :p

I'm still always learning, so I think the beginner title is still appropriate! :lol:

:)
Mark

Mark L
08-12-2016, 8:48pm
G'day Mark, like your intro.
So this is a forum and that means that you have no choice but to get involve now you've posted an intro.:) It's actually what makes forums work.:th3:
Don't be afraid to comment on others photos (even just to ask why or how) and post your photos.
Mark Mark

Ross the fiddler
08-12-2016, 9:54pm
Good to see you here Mark & also enjoying an Olympus camera. I started with the E410 (twin lens kit) in DSLRs & when my son wouldn't leave the settings I had I went & got myself the E520 enthusiasts kit (14-42 & 70-300 lenses) & gave the E410 to my son. It does take nice photos, sharper than the E520. I have indulged in other models since then but the E410 is still here though.

Let's see some of your photos then. :nod:

Mary Anne
09-12-2016, 5:54pm
Hello Mark and Welcome to AP.. With all that experience you will be able to teach us Members a few things :2smile:
So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Fedgrub
09-12-2016, 6:51pm
Welcome!

bitsnpieces
11-12-2016, 4:40pm
Hi Rob and welcome to AP, and back to photography :)

Mark L
13-12-2016, 8:06pm
Hi Rob and ....

Rob is Mark.:D
And Mark has robbed us of forum activity.