PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sarina

JohnnyR
05-12-2016, 12:20pm
Gday everyone,

I am a total noob with photography. I am going through info overload atm, then I came across the tutorial here and saw that it would put me in a frame work of learning, I have a mind that constantly wanders and the internet is of no help sometimes :D.

Wishing to get into the drone world due to deteriating physical abilities my work scope is very limited. I purchased the DJI Phantom3 Standard to gain experience and log hours, quickly realising that I need a good knowledge of photography no matter where that road takes me. The phantom although fun to fly is limited for me anyway with flight time and the ability to modify camera settings in the 20 or so mins of flight. So of I go and purchase the first nice looking camera I saw when buying a micro sd for the drone, I am hopeless sometimes. Now in the stable is a Nikon D3400 with the 18-55MM that came with it, 2 days later I buy the Nikon DX AF-S 55-300MM lens. So far I like it very much and know it is not a pro camera but I think it is more than enough for me at this time.

Anyways I have only just got into the turorial and decided I best join up and hope to gain knowledge and also be of service at some stage for that knowledge.

Regards
John

ameerat42
05-12-2016, 12:41pm
You "done good", John. Welcome to AP.
There are a couple of drone aficionados here on AP.

Join in and enjoy/learn.

Am.

ricktas
05-12-2016, 12:59pm
Welcome aboard John. See you and your drone, and dslr photos on the forums soon.

Mary Anne
05-12-2016, 7:34pm
Hello John and Welcome to AP..

bitsnpieces
05-12-2016, 9:00pm
Hi John and welcome to AP! :)

Mark L
05-12-2016, 10:30pm
Welcome aboard John.
Itis worth taking time to go through this ... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book
I presume it's what you mean by "came across the tutorial here".
Don't be afraid to post photos and ask question to help you learn about this photography thing.:th3:

JohnnyR
06-12-2016, 1:08pm
Mark L Yep thats the one, good stuff for me.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome, still finding my feet before I post much, otherwise it will be based on ignorance ;)