PDA

View Full Version : Rekindling my focus

Kookysnaps
07-11-2016, 7:47pm
Hi all
I'm keen to get back into photography after not doing much for a few years so I thought here might be a good place to start. I have recently found myself with a lot more time on my hands so what better way to spend it than taking photos.

I @ M
07-11-2016, 7:49pm
Welcome to AP.
Join in, have fun, offer advice and critique to those who ask and post your work for others to see. :)

ameerat42
07-11-2016, 7:50pm
Hi, Kookysnaps (that'll be KS for short:D).
Welcome to AP. Join in and enjoy.
Am.

Kookysnaps
07-11-2016, 8:30pm
Will do

Mark L
07-11-2016, 10:26pm
G'day Kooky, I like that.:)

I was born and bred a little down the road at Ingleburn.
my old man used to love filming steam engines leaving Menagle station in the 70's.
I got married at Menangle House, 1988.
And where you live now is so different.:( But I hope you like it.:th3:

Don't be afraid to ask questions and make comments. It's what makes forums work.
And posting photos is a good way to share and learn.

Kookysnaps
07-11-2016, 10:41pm
Hi Mark....Haven't been in this area for long but enjoying so far. Menangle house is now owned by the trotting club and although Menangle house will stay I think the area is going to see major development over the next few years. I love the country but our work is here so for now I will make the best of it. Im lucky, I get to trvel out into the bush a lot so its the best of both worlds. Just need to take my camera with me more...

paulheath
08-11-2016, 5:38am
welcome aboard.. im just up the road in Leumeah... shame about menagle house was a crackin little watering hole, was there last year for melbourne cup just before it closed, where me and my better half won the sweep stakes and best " modern " couple award.. look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Kookysnaps
08-11-2016, 6:37am
Thanks Paul..yes Menangle house won't quite look the same surrounded by development rather than bush. I will put some pics up as soon as I work out how to...will read the threads about the process today I'm sure it's not to difficult...

Mary Anne
08-11-2016, 7:58am
Hello Kooky and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.
Get yourself a Free flickr account that the easiest way to go, then you can put larger size photos on your posts so we can SEE and * CC * them better :nod:
And if you need any help with that, than just ask :2smile:

MrQ
08-11-2016, 8:15am
Welcome. Sounds like a good plan - reminds me I need to dust my camera off a little more often too. :)

Kookysnaps
08-11-2016, 10:35am
Thanks Mary Anne....Im new to forums so I will be a bit slow to get going...Looks like a great forum loved the intro and rules page a bit of fun....now i just need to contribute so Im not ejected :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes MrQ the dreaded smart phones make us lazy, and small compact cameras are so good now. I know my little cannon takes great snaps and Im guilty of using it way too much..

Mark L
08-11-2016, 8:36pm
....now i just need to contribute so Im not ejected :)

Just make a silly caption in Caption this every few weeks and ejected won't happen :)....http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-MEMBER-CHALLENGES

PM me if you want help posting photos, but a start (and ignore the first screen shot here.... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads

Kookysnaps
09-11-2016, 8:34pm
Thanks Mark.... My computer must be as old as me, went to upgrade my browser for flickr and my computer is no longer supported....will sort that out so i can get flickr happening than i will be good to go...If i have any dramas I might take you up on your offer to help....until then I'll caption away:nod:

Bercy
09-11-2016, 8:55pm
Welcome - great that you have time on your hands! I have the opposite problem! :confused013

Kookysnaps
10-11-2016, 7:26pm
Hi Bernie
thanks for the welcome

chubb
14-11-2016, 8:44am
welcome! im back into it also