PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a new member

Ross M
07-11-2016, 5:12pm
Hi, I'm Ross from Sydney and I have just joined. I have been interested in photography since I was school-aged. My history goes back many years to film photography, including a Fujica SLR. It took many years of yearning before I bought a DSLR. I have no strong brand preferences in camera brands but I'm currently shooting with two Nikons. I recently started part time professional work, mainly portraits. I also enjoy shooting landscapes, macro, cityscapes/architecture, food and cars. I do some long exposure, night time and "light painting" work. More recently I have experimented with High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography, mainly for cars, and I now concentrate on combining exposures with Enfuse in Lightroom to achieve a natural look in difficult lighting conditions. I have four flashes, softboxes and umbrellas which I use with radio frequency wireless triggers. I shoot in raw and my principle software tools of choice are Lightroom 5.7.1 and Photoshop Elements 12 for post editing. I plan to upgrade to full Photoshop soon.

Hawthy
07-11-2016, 5:45pm
Welcome aboard Ross. Looking forward to seeing some of your work in the forums. Sounds interesting.

Mary Anne
07-11-2016, 6:03pm
Hello Ross and Welcome to AP lots of interesting Genres you shoot so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

ameerat42
07-11-2016, 6:37pm
Welcome to AP, Ross.

ricktas
07-11-2016, 7:01pm
Welcome to AP Ross. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mark L
07-11-2016, 10:16pm
G'day Ross,
welcome aboard and hope you can get involved here.:th3:
While others may like to see your photos here (as I also do) I'd be just as interested in seeing you CC some photos that others post on AP. It helps them and also helps you.:)

daggy
09-11-2016, 8:25am
Hello and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Bercy
09-11-2016, 8:58pm
Gosh your CV beats me hands down. All will be looking forward to seeing your work.

Hamster
10-11-2016, 6:11pm
Hi. I'm looking forward to seeing a few car shots.

bitsnpieces
12-11-2016, 12:04pm
Hi Ross and welcome to AP :)