PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Nevillb
02-10-2016, 9:27pm
Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian and I reside in Sydney.

I have been interested in photography for most of my life. I say "most", as I took a decent 15 year hiatus, resultant of being used to "wet" film, and as such, not liking digital. However, and notwithstanding this, about 3 years ago, I finally saw the "light" in respect of digital photography, and as such, my interest in this wonderful medium has been rekindled.

In respect of a particular photographic discipline, I am mainly interested in shooting abandoned buildings, such as prisons, psychiatric hospitals, asylums, orphanages, factories, powerhouses, etc. The challenge for me is to attempt to "capture" the mood of the subject being shot; for example, if I were to photograph an abandoned orphanage or lunatic asylum, I try to reflect the sadness / loneliness / harshness that may have occurred, if you get my drift.

I've probably said enough for now. I look forward to "meeting" you all.

Cheers

Brian

:lens:

ameerat42
02-10-2016, 9:30pm
Hi and welcome to AP, Brian.
Look forward to your contributions.
Am.

Nevillb
02-10-2016, 10:37pm
Thank you Am. for your Kind words.
I am in the throes of learning how to compress jpegs into kbs - lol

Cheers

Brian

ameerat42
02-10-2016, 10:46pm
Brian.
For pointers on a lot of stuff - and some good info - search the Library, here:
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php
And look especially in the "How Do I...?"

For specific tech help, make up a post in the General Help forum here:
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-General-Help

ricktas
03-10-2016, 6:39am
Welcome Brian, looking forward to seeing your photos soon.

bitsnpieces
03-10-2016, 6:42am
Hi Brian and welcome to AP :)

Mark L
03-10-2016, 11:06pm
Welcome aboard Brian.

I am in the throes of learning how to compress jpegs into kbs - lol

What software are you trying to do that with?
A way of not compressing is to get something like a flickr account to link your photos into here.

Mary Anne
04-10-2016, 12:53am
Hello Brian and Welcome to AP a interesting Intro, I get your drift and understand you seeing the light :nod:
Yes a good idea to get a Free flickr account and post the BBCode on your post at a large size.
Any image over 1200pixels on the largest size we be resized and a yellow border on the top. If you need any Help just ask :2smile: