PDA

View Full Version : Hi + Help needed with pricing for design firms

heidi100
05-08-2016, 2:02pm
Hi,
This is my first time writing in one these forums (after being a long time reader for help/advice).. I sell my travel photography prints via my Etsy store and recently I have been selling and getting more interest from Interior design /styling/architecture firms.... I am aware of selling at wholesale but am a little confused at what price to sell to these types of companies when they aren't going to sell my photos - they are buying them as displays for their homes or for clients homes/offices etc. I recently sold 5 A1 prints to a company and sold at wholesale with a slight discount as I wanted to sale (and still made a profit) However I am understanding that these types of firms want a massive discount? .. I would like to sell more, but also don't want to just "give away" my prints... I have an American based company enquiring about 8 prints at really large sizes 60 x 40 inches on canvas and what to buy the digital file (easier as I am in Australia) ....
In this case, I wouldnt need to pay for printing or shipping and would have a contract directly with their art supplier that its one off print but I dont know how i should price each as I have never printed anything this large.... or if I should offer way more of a discount or just except that I don't want to devalue my work and art and state what I thnk it's worth (within reason)??

Can anyone offer any advice if they have been in similar situations?? I'd like to have more of an idea / package to be able to send out for each quote (within reason for different sizes)

Sorry for long message! I need help lol

ricktas
05-08-2016, 2:43pm
Welcome. I would re ask you business related questions in the business of photography forum as it will not get answers in the intro forum. And based on your business success so far we have upgraded you to advanced level

Mary Anne
05-08-2016, 2:55pm
Hello Heidi And Welcome to AP.. You will get lots of help here if you post in the Correct Forum as Rick as written about above.
Looking forward to seeing your work on the Critique Forums also.

Mark L
05-08-2016, 7:41pm
Gday Heidi And welcome to AP also.
To make it a bit easier for you the place Rick mentioned is here ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?93-The-Business-of-Photography
It's been a little quiet there lately so it may take a few days for some that might know to notice if you post something.

heidi100
05-08-2016, 10:25pm
Thanks so much. Will do!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link and heads up mark :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Still getting my head around everything but will definitely post some pics soon :)

bitsnpieces
09-08-2016, 10:03am
Hi and welcome to AP :)
Don't worry, you'll work your way around this forum sooner or later :)

heidi100
09-08-2016, 10:08am
Thanks David! Yes it's a bit confusing lol