PDA

View Full Version : Juju's New

juju12jjj
17-06-2016, 1:29am
Salutations and greetings
I love the art of photography. I have a Nikon D3000 that I got for my Birthday, thanks to the generosity of family and friends, four years ago. I love shooting lots of different subjects but nature shots, be it landscapes or animals, are probably my favourite. I still think of myself as a beginner because when I look at other people's photographs I mostly see what I aspire to and I guess I'm not very confident that I have any particular talent... I just know I love going out and trying to get nice photos. Sometimes I even surprise myself and I do take some shots that I feel very pleased with. I don't know when you can consider yourself more than a beginner... I have a lousy memory for F stops and ISO settings and all that so I still lack confidence when I talk to anyone about photography and the nitty gritty details. I am part of a small photo club on the Central Coast and we do set monthly challenges which I always try to take new photos for and I hope joining this site will help push me further. I don't have lots of $$$ to buy programs to use in manipulating photos so I do the best I can with what I got with my computer and some free websites for some fun effects. I'm really looking forward to learning some great stuff through my interactions on this site, receiving/giving some (hopefully) constructive observations and seeing loads of inspiring pictures.
Thank you. :)

JDuding
17-06-2016, 5:18am
Hi Juju.

Great to see you here.
I've been using this site for almost a year and still have so much to explore and read.
Hope you feel comfortable here and can get the most out of this site.
Can't wait to see some of your pics.

Cheers,
JDude

ricktas
17-06-2016, 6:34am
Welcome to AP. Based on having your camera for 4 years, we do not deem you to be a beginner. We have upgraded you to intermediate level. Congratulations.

Mary Anne
17-06-2016, 8:07am
Hello and Welcome to AP. Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

ameerat42
17-06-2016, 8:51am
...I'm really looking forward to learning some great stuff through my interactions on this site, receiving/giving some (hopefully) constructive observations and seeing loads of inspiring pictures.
Thank you. :)...

Welcome to AP, Juju and good luck on your quest.

Don't worry about $. There's a slew of freely available and competent software.
Ask Qs in the appropriate forums for help.

Am.

juju12jjj
19-06-2016, 1:40pm
Thanks JDude. The Library has already made for some interesting reading. Hopefully I get the knack for everything else soon. Have a great day :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the upgrade - hopefully I will prove your estimation of my capabilities correct ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Am - your welcome is much appreciated. I will certainly check out more forums and am sure I'll be able to glean some useful tips on these, and many other, issues. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Mary Anne, I appreciate the welcome and will be sure to get posting regularly. :th3:

ameerat42
19-06-2016, 3:41pm
Juju. I meant here on AP. We call the various sections "forums", like the
General Help forum, the Wildlife forum, etc... on this page. (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forum.php):D

bitsnpieces
20-06-2016, 8:44am
Hi Juju and welcome to AP

Don't worry, I still don't remember all the nitty gritty details of photography and I've been doing it for years. :P

Warren Ackary
20-06-2016, 2:31pm
Hi and welcome to the forums.. look forward to seeing your images