PDA

View Full Version : G'day everyone,

Bushy
31-05-2016, 2:16pm
A new arrival to the Forum, I have been in Photograph for 40 odd years using Nikon and Bronica Film cameras but am now moving into the Digital era.
I have a Nokon D7200, 18-140 zoom, 38 F2.8 prime and looking at the 70 - 200 F2.8.
Going over seas in a couple of months and looking for the sharpest lens/s I can.
Take care and stay safe

ameerat42
31-05-2016, 3:51pm
Hi Bushy. Welcome to AP. You sound like you're an Advanced user, rather than Intermediate.
Anyway, ask about the lens in the gear forums.

ricktas
31-05-2016, 4:37pm
Welcome to AP. As Am says check the gear forum for stuff on lenses, though it would help to know what focal length(s) you are wanting this sharp lens to be. Lot a difference between a sharp 14mm widey and a sharp 300mm.

Mary Anne
31-05-2016, 10:28pm
Hello Bushy :action66: and Welcome to AP.. WOW!! 40 odd years Well Done that sounds like advanced to me too.
Guess you will be able to give plenty of help to the other Members. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Bushy
05-06-2016, 12:11pm
Hi All,
I must admit that I am getting thoroughly P'd O with this digital stuff, everything I read shouts buy a Processing Program as all digital pictures require sharpening etc etc and so on, I read the article you wrote about this Rick and can understand why. My son said it is just the same as setting up a dark room except on a PC. I down loaded the Nikon Capture NX-D and it doesn't have most of the stuff you people are speaking of, layers, high pass or whatever. From what I see, I can't buy the Program outright but have to pay a monthly fee, hard to justify when it is only a hobby. Can any of you recommend a Program I can buy outright, pay for updates if I need them please.
Or as I told my kids last night, you may call me a fossil if you like but one of you will 'inherit' this Digital stuff and I will retire back to the peace and quite of my darkroom before all the dark leaks out. :hb:

ameerat42
05-06-2016, 12:25pm
Hey, Bushy. Yes, I can: NOTHING at all! Don't buy ANYTHING, because it won't help you for now.

Did you see my reply in your other thread?
It lists a few freebies. Have a look. I might update that reply.

ricktas
05-06-2016, 12:41pm
Download 'the gimp'. It is free and there are heaps of tutorials on youtube for it