PDA

View Full Version : Say Cheese...

littledave
06-05-2016, 12:29pm
Hi, I'm Mark (little Dave is the name of my avatar!).

I have recently got interested in digital photography after borrowing my Dads Canon EOS 1000d with a sigma 18-200mm lens.

I have since gone on to buy a Sigma 70-300mm lens and a tripod and am now waiting on delivery of a 2nd hand Canon 550d. Trying to get out and take pictures at least 2-3 times a week and take photographs of everything, landscapes, wildlife, birds, macro - little Dave was my first attempt of a portrait (in macro!).

I have been working my way through Tony Northrup's book Stunning Digital Photography so I can figure out what I am doing a bit more.

All I seem to do post is play in lightroom on my iPad to get a better crop and adjust the exposure (I do have pixelmator on the iMac which I am trying to find my way around).

I am looking forward to sharing some of my photographs and getting your feedback and advice.

ameerat42
06-05-2016, 1:34pm
Yes, please!!:nod: I'm partial to a little brie in the evenings:D:D

Welcome aboard, Mark. (You're in good company with all the Marks we have on AP.)
Make your way through the Library articles, but above all, join in.

Am. (But not half of edAm, though it's OK too.)

PS: Little Dave can stay and play too.

ricktas
06-05-2016, 4:59pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon

littledave
06-05-2016, 6:12pm
Thanks for the welcome, been nosing around a bit today. Will try and post some pictures soon.

Mark L
06-05-2016, 8:24pm
G'day to Mark.
Cheese.
Cheers from Mark.

Oh, alright. You'll learn plenty if you get a bit involved here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments and, well get involved somehow. It's what makes forums work, mmmm and did I say it will help you learn.
Enjoy your photographic journey.:th3:

Cheese again,
Mark.

bitsnpieces
06-05-2016, 9:31pm
Hi Mark and welcome to AP

Mary Anne
07-05-2016, 2:33pm
Welcome to AP Mark.. Plenty to learn here Have a read of the New to Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)
Post some images on the Forums for cc, that's a great way to learn I see you have done that already, and have a go at commenting at other Members posts.
Lots of Competitions to enter. There is the The Weekly Challenge (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?193-Member-Challenges-52-2016) something different every week, so join right in :nod: