PDA

View Full Version : introduction

gollux
04-05-2016, 12:40pm
Hi! I'm a Melbourne-based amateur shooting in Micro four-thirds. I have a decent set up for the moment (three lenses, decent camera body), but I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I look forward to learning from others on this forum.

MarkChap
04-05-2016, 12:44pm
Welcome, the best way to learn is to jump right in and post some images in CC section

ameerat42
04-05-2016, 1:00pm
Welcome to AP, Gollux. ^Mark said it first.

Also, though you're of Intermediate experience, look in the Library
section.

Mark L
04-05-2016, 11:04pm
....., but I'm trying to figure out what to get next.

You don't need anything next if your wondering. And no ones going to answer your question in these intro threads. (Doesn't matter what you have, throw it all away and get the Canon 1DX and 400mm f/2.8L IS II lens.)

Or, get involved here next somehow. It's what makes forums work. Ask questions, make comments ...

ricktas
05-05-2016, 6:20am
Welcome to AP Gollux. Enjoy the site. Looking forward to seeing some of your photography soon.

You don't need anything next if your wondering. And no ones going to answer your question in these intro threads. (Doesn't matter what you have, throw it all away and get the Canon 1DX and 400mm f/2.8L IS II lens.)

Or, get involved here next somehow. It's what makes forums work. Ask questions, make comments ...

Don't you go making an intro into a brand war Mr L :lol:

gollux
05-05-2016, 11:33am
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've just posted a shot in the CC forums, as suggested.

As for the Canon 1DX: I wish! For the time being, though, I think I'll stick to a more compact (and cheaper!) setup.

Mark L
05-05-2016, 7:02pm
As for the Canon 1DX: I wish!

Me also.

bitsnpieces
06-05-2016, 10:32pm
Hi and welcome to AP

I think the best thing to get next is some experience ;)

Then you'll get a better idea of the next lens :)

Mary Anne
07-05-2016, 3:43pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. It does not matter what you shoot with as long as you know what you are doing is the main thing.
And you are in the right place to get good advice :nod: