PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

alabaster
25-04-2016, 11:11pm
Hi, I'm new to this site, so here's an intro.

I've been interested in photography for a long time:

From my cartridge-and-flash-cubes point and shoots that took an agonising week to be developed via the local chemist,
To a couple of Pentax Espios that had a tough life on various backpacking trips,
To a not-as-fulfilling-as-I-thought-for-the-price Canon EOS SLR with a 35-70 kit lens,
To my first digital camera - a Sony F717 - which I absolutely loved, despite being flaky,
To a Nikon D90 kit, which did OK,
To a massive impulse buy of a Nikon D750 and 24-120 f/4 half an hour before the Ted's ebay 20% discount offer expired a few weeks ago.

I'm very happy with the D750 - the D90 + kit lens didn't do well in low light or high ISO.

Now I have about 3cm of instruction manual to get through, but I'm enjoying using it so far anyway!

ricktas
26-04-2016, 5:38am
Welcome, see you and your photos on the forums soon.

ameerat42
26-04-2016, 9:24am
Hi and welcome to AP, Alabaster. That'll have to become AB for short.

Yeah!... You don't get much for your money these days, eh?:(

...Now I have about 3cm of instruction manual to get through, but I'm enjoying using it so far anyway!...

Cage
26-04-2016, 9:52am
Welcome to AP.

I started to read the manual when I got my first DSLR, got to about page 5 from memory, then whacked the camera into Manual mode and treated it like a SLR.

I've picked up the bells 'n' whistles I wanted as I've gone along. I think my first change was to set up back button focusing.

rwg717
26-04-2016, 7:52pm
Hello and welcome, enjoy your stay:)
Richard

alabaster
27-04-2016, 8:59pm
Thanks all! I hope to contribute. Looking at some of the photos posted here, there is some wonderful talent on this site!

bitsnpieces
28-04-2016, 7:41pm
Hi and welcome to AP :)

Mark L
29-04-2016, 10:37pm
Thanks all! I hope to contribute. Looking at some of the photos posted here, there is some wonderful talent on this site!

Also hope you contribute. It's what makes forums work.:th3:
While there is some talent here there's also others that need help. Please help me.:D