PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wanting to get back in to photography

Faz
15-03-2016, 11:37am
Hi all. Stumbled in to this site while googling so thought would be a good opportunity to get myself motivated more to get my olly Em5 out again and actually make use of it and the few lenses I have!

Hope to share and learn lots from here.

Cheers
Tom

ameerat42
15-03-2016, 11:49am
Hi and welcome, Tom.
Have you been at it for a while?
If so, you might have to be Intermediate in skill level.
Anyway, check out the library and the New to Photography stuff there.
Join in and enjoy.
Am.

Faz
15-03-2016, 12:10pm
Thanks Am,

I've been playing about on and off for the past 10 years but more off for the past few!

I had a 30D a while back that got me really started - back then the passion was landscape / Pano with a little Portrait of the family but nothing I would call pro by a long shot!

Got rid of the Canon gear after a month of travel for the lighter mirror-less EM5. Used it on a few trips but nothing near what I did with my Canon - perhaps its my iPhone6? as I seem to be using this so-much more - especially for the ease of updating a blog I am running at the moment on our house build.

Anyways my wife keeps pushing me to take more photos so best get back in to it!

Will check things out.

Cheers
Tom

bitsnpieces
15-03-2016, 4:44pm
Hi Tom and welcome to AP (and back into photography :))

ricktas
15-03-2016, 7:24pm
Welcome. And I agree with Am, you had had at least 2 cameras, and therefore would likely know about exposure etc, so we are upgrading you to intermediate experience level.

See you and your photos on the forums

Mary Anne
16-03-2016, 1:42pm
Hello Tom and Welcome to AP.. Thats a great idea to get the camera out again.
So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Mark L
17-03-2016, 10:46pm
G'day Tom.
Don't be afraid to get a bit involved here. Make comments, ask questions, whatever. But getting involved makes forums work.:th3:
If you get involved it might also give me more of a chance to say "bugga the phone, time to go and buy a 2nd hand Canon.":D;) (yeah, I know etc.;)