PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone :)

Colonel
10-02-2016, 4:22pm
Discovered this website from a quick google search and the interest in finding local (and not so local) photographers in Australia.

I consider myself an Intermediate shooter with self confessed G.A.S syndrome. This doesn't mean I don't appreciate what can be done with gear that isn't the latest and greatest but I am fascinated with the development of technology when it comes to photography and how that opens up new possibilities for shooters.

I started learning (film) photography whilst studying Fine Arts (with a Major in Photography) back in the 90's which introduced me to the darkroom process but now I shoot with a DSLR mainly due to convenience and cost of shooting. My style is a mixed bag of landscapes, portrait, street and abstract. I enjoy people responding to my work and appreciate constructive criticism as I am a strong believer that if your not learning then your 'dead in the water'.

Looking forward to seeing all the local talent on here and would like to think that I may have some knowledge to share also.

Take it easy and happy snapping everyone.

John King
10-02-2016, 4:29pm
Gidday Colonel

Welcome to the AP forum, mate.

Colonel
10-02-2016, 4:38pm
Thanks John.

I had a quick browse of your gallery. Nice detail caught in that Goanna shot
(E-30_JAK_2012-_C068869_Ewf.jpg)

Looks like he was posing for you.

John King
10-02-2016, 4:49pm
Haha, Col. It was. Thanks.

It was also HUGE. By far the largest Monitor lizard I have ever seen! Would have been easily 2-2.5m from nose to base of tail, with plenty more tail ;).

Mary Anne
10-02-2016, 5:00pm
Hello Colonel and Welcome to AP.. Interesting intro and great Genres you shoot. Any Wildlife ?
Join right in and starting posting on the Forums for cc and don't forget to comment on other Members posts also
I see you have already made yourself at home.

Colonel
10-02-2016, 5:39pm
Hi Mary Anne,

Thanks for the welcome. I have shot some wildlife. Not a lot but I certainly enjoy taking my camera on bushwalks keeping an open eye for opportunities. (I did take a shot of some Tawny Frogmouths recently that I'm considering posting)

Mary Anne
10-02-2016, 5:55pm
I will keep an eye out for them on the Birds Forum one of my favourite Forums, the other is Macro :D

ricktas
10-02-2016, 6:40pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

Mark L
12-02-2016, 9:37pm
I think you should remove the hands Colonel.:D
Welcome aboard. Glad you've already got involved. 'tis what makes forums work.:th3:

bitsnpieces
12-02-2016, 11:44pm
Hello and welcome to AP

Colonel
12-02-2016, 11:51pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

I think you should remove the hands Colonel.:D
Welcome aboard. Glad you've already got involved. 'tis what makes forums work.:th3:

Hello and welcome to AP

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've only been on the site for a few days but I'm enjoying the variety of threads, talent and personalities in the forums :food04:

michael_sa
14-02-2016, 8:17am
Hi and welcome Colonel. Nice intro.

rwg717
16-02-2016, 8:05pm
Hello and welcome to AP....enjoy:camera:
Richard