PDA

View Full Version : Hello from northern Virginia

Anne96
18-01-2016, 11:23am
Hi, I discovered this well organized, sophisticated site when I searched for P4P, where I had been an active member from 2004-2010. It was helpful to read a bit on the history of MCC/P4P. Kevin had recruited a friend Susan, RIP, who brought me in--I learned a great deal there from the critiques and looking at others' images. The past few years I've been making family photo books for my grandchildren; last year I set up a website that has a handful of my photos (annepatchell.com). Now I'm interested to see what's been going on Down Under and improving my skills!

These days my main camera is a lightweight Sony DSC-WX500; I also use my Samsung smartphone camera, and, occasionally, my old Canon EOS5D (on a tripod). I still like to photograph my pets, birds, landscapes, and city scenes, but am now working hard to edit the many images sitting in folders awaiting Photoshop.

I live in Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C., in the United States. In the early 70s I visited Sydney (the Opera House had been built but not officially opened) and Townsville. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your galleries.

ricktas
18-01-2016, 1:37pm
Welcome Anne, there are a few of (us) the old P4P members on here. P4P unfortunately ended in decline. Kevin also has passed away. Peter took over the running and the MCC sold the site. Eventually it just faded to a shadow of its former self.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums.

ameerat42
18-01-2016, 2:12pm
Hi Anne. Welcome to AP.
(from)
Am.

Mary Anne
18-01-2016, 2:17pm
Hello Anne :action66: and Welcome to AP. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums
Just Googled to see what the weather was like there 1C now that's cold.
Hope that means we may get to see some snow scenes from up where you live :2smile:

bitsnpieces
18-01-2016, 3:38pm
Hi Anne and welcome to AP

Mark L
22-01-2016, 7:58pm
Welcome aboard Anne.
Looking forward to some photos from over there, especially them birds.:D

Jeanette
22-01-2016, 8:01pm
hello hello and welcome .. lovely to see someone from overseas :)