PDA

View Full Version : just g'day

texx
18-01-2016, 11:11am
yep just saying g'day to everyone , i am new here but i am far from new at 60 years old .
have not done much in digital photography but done a lot in the old 35mm including my own darkroom work . did a bit of newspaper work many years ago too .
i am currently without a camera worth a blurt but i am trying to decide on what to get hence my reason for joining a few forums .
i have a feeling i wont be here long and will most likely be kicked out for lack of posting , and i do notice that a lot of the intros are from people that are rejoining , i find this rule a little strange .i am a member of quite a few forums some metal work and some woodwork and some BBQ some of thes forums i may not post for months then i will post a lot for a while then go into another lull .

johno

RobCr
18-01-2016, 12:04pm
Hello Johno. I'm a bit like you - don't post often largely because we travel a lot. I'm rejoining, and a bit like you am a long way from new (71 years). It has been good to get CC re my few image postings and so would encourage you to post images that interest you.

Rob C

bitsnpieces
18-01-2016, 4:39pm
Hi johnno and welcome to AP

ameerat42
18-01-2016, 4:45pm
Hi and welcome to AP, Johno.

ricktas
18-01-2016, 6:44pm
yep just saying g'day to everyone , i am new here but i am far from new at 60 years old .
have not done much in digital photography but done a lot in the old 35mm including my own darkroom work . did a bit of newspaper work many years ago too .
i am currently without a camera worth a blurt but i am trying to decide on what to get hence my reason for joining a few forums .
i have a feeling i wont be here long and will most likely be kicked out for lack of posting , and i do notice that a lot of the intros are from people that are rejoining , i find this rule a little strange .i am a member of quite a few forums some metal work and some woodwork and some BBQ some of thes forums i may not post for months then i will post a lot for a while then go into another lull .

johno

Hi and welcome.

Just to explain the inactive lock-out. How many of the forums you are on have prizes on offer over over $15,000.00? We have the inactive status to ensure only those members who join in and are active site members are eligible to win any of the prizes we offer up. From USB drives, to $100 canvas prints, website hosting right through to overseas photo tours, we offer up a LOT more than other forums do. And to be eligible to win, we ask one thing, and that is being active on the site, supporting the site advertisers (who's payments pay to keep the site running), helping your fellow site members with all things photographic. The site is free to use. So asking people to be active contributors is not a lot to ask, considering what we can offer back to members, compared to most forums.

texx
18-01-2016, 6:58pm
well what if as in my case i am not interested at all in winning prizes and definitely not interested in oversea's trips and cant possibly go on one even if i won one .

johno

ricktas
18-01-2016, 7:31pm
well what if as in my case i am not interested at all in winning prizes and definitely not interested in oversea's trips and cant possibly go on one even if i won one .

johno

same rule applies to all. In the end if you want to join in, do so, if not, then that is your choice as well. The site is what it is, and runs the way it does for a reason, as explained. It cannot be everything to everyone, and people make choices everyday about all sorts of things that either suit or do not suit them. Up to you what you do!

MarkChap
18-01-2016, 7:47pm
Ahhh the good old border town of Texas
Welcome Johno

I know some folks down your way

texx
18-01-2016, 8:10pm
:D i know pretty well all of em

johno

Mary Anne
19-01-2016, 3:35pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums if you do find the time :2encou:

texx
19-01-2016, 3:56pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums if you do find the time :2encou:
still looking at which camera to buy so it could be a while .

johno

MarkChap
19-01-2016, 6:02pm
:D i know pretty well all of em

johno

I don't suppose that would be all that hard to do :)

Mary Anne
19-01-2016, 7:08pm
still looking at which camera to buy so it could be a while .

johno

Why dont you start a post on the Gear Talk > Cameras Forum tell the Members what type of genre you want to shoot, what budget you have, and type of camera you are after.
Be it compact point and shoot, m4/3 mirrorless, or DSLR which is what the average photographer uses, unless they have a huge budget and want to use a Format camera.
You should get plenty of Help there.

texx
19-01-2016, 7:28pm
large format was always my dream when i was shooting monochrome 35mm and ansel adams was my hero , stilll have a few of his books somewhere , but format is not going to happen for me .
i am most likely going to settle on a d7200 or go to ff and buy a d610 .dx is winning the race so far mainly because of cheaper lenses and smaller size for bringing wildlife in closer but i still may sway the other way yer when i decide on just what glass i would need .

johno

Jeanette
20-01-2016, 7:07pm
hi and welcome :) hope you get your camera soon and get addicted :)