PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Taismum
11-01-2016, 4:23pm
Hi everyone, I'm quite new to photography although I have been playing around with my camera for a while but rarely off automatic!
I have purchased a Nikon DSLR with standard lens kit. My main interest and reason for getting my camera is taking pictures of my dwarf Shrimp. I like to take pictures in the macro setting but didn't realise that I really needed to get a macro lens :(. My only accessory at the moment is a tripod so I will need to slowly add the necessities as I go.
I have taken some reasonable pictures more by chance than good photography skills but have needed to crop and zoom in edit mode to get a close up. I am hoping to get some help with settings and lighting etc once I have read and tried the great book you have in the library!

ameerat42
11-01-2016, 4:33pm
Good on yer for having a read already, Taismum. Welcome to AP.

Well, do ask Qs here. You'll get helpful replies, and do join in generally.
Am.

Trobdang
11-01-2016, 7:05pm
Hi Taismum...Welcome its nice to see another beginner :) Trish

ricktas
11-01-2016, 7:39pm
Welcome to AP.

Mary Anne
12-01-2016, 12:35am
Hello Taismum and Welcome to AP.. We have a couple of members on here that shoot that subjects, also Fry and Fingerlings.
And the best way to learn is to post some images on the Forums for cc, then Members will be able to Help you with the settings and lighting :2smile:

bitsnpieces
12-01-2016, 1:46am
Welcome to AP and happy to have you on board :)

Taismum
12-01-2016, 12:06pm
Hi everyone thanks for the welcome. I'm sure to be asking lots of questions as I go along :)