PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone...

BecC13
09-01-2016, 2:42pm
Hi everyone,

My name is Bec and I worked full time at a school but have longed to do photography. My husband finally purchased my a Nikon D5300 last xmas and I have never looked back. I enjoy taking photos of landscapes, familes/children and babies and have recently been asked by strangers if I would take their photos. This has made me wonder about possible business opportunities down the track... off course it is extremely over whelming and I'm not quiet sure where to start, but that's what im hoping to find here.

Thanks and see you around the forums

bitsnpieces
09-01-2016, 3:22pm
Welcome Bec and glad to have you on board, and being on board, make sure you participate in as much as you can - the only way to learn :)

BecC13
09-01-2016, 3:25pm
Thanks David for the welcome,
Just trying to navigate my way around the pages...looking forward to joining the discussions.

ameerat42
09-01-2016, 3:33pm
Hi Bec. Welcome to AP.
There's some useful stuff for you in the Library: A How to guide for doing things on the forum,
and a Learning guide for New to Photography members.

As long as you have clear aims AND some ability, you should be able to offer your photographic services
to the general public at some stage. People sometimes mistakenly think that
"have camera + friends + accolades + Facebook" = an immediate career in professional photography"

As long as you don't believe that you are on the right track.

Here you will get feed back that you may never have thought of yourself, and of course you
may be able to provide the same to others. Don't be shy in that regard.

Anyway, see you round.
Am.

BecC13
09-01-2016, 3:58pm
Hi Bec. Welcome to AP.
There's some useful stuff for you in the Library: A How to guide for doing things on the forum,
and a Learning guide for New to Photography members.

As long as you have clear aims AND some ability, you should be able to offer your photographic services
to the general public at some stage. People sometimes mistakenly think that
"have camera + friends + accolades + Facebook" = an immediate career in professional photography"

As long as you don't believe that you are on the right track.

Here you will get feed back that you may never have thought of yourself, and of course you
may be able to provide the same to others. Don't be shy in that regard.

Anyway, see you round.
Am.

Thank Am for the welcome,
Nope I fully understand the blood, sweat and tears that small businesses require. :)
I had my own mobile Nail business many years ago, while yes that is completely different to photography I feel that with that experience and my passion for photography its something that could work. I have days of self doubt.. some days I think "Geez its so much hard work to get a business started... just enjoy taking photos with no pressure" BUT then I have moments like "you know what, you love doing this, you have great support from friend/family and other photography mentor overseas who encourage me and wash away those fears.

I guess the first step is the scariest after all ...

Mark L
13-01-2016, 10:39pm
G'day Bec.
A photography business already? (I don't dream anymore;):p)
Learn to take good photos. That doesn't mean family and friends saying "wow, good photos."
Post some photos here and see what CC you get from people that are not family and friends. It will help you. Also don't be afraid to comment on others photos. What you like or don't like. "How did you do that", It will help you also (makes you think).
Why not get involved in this years weekly members challenge to make you try (and learn) different things. It's here ... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?193-Member-Challenges-52-2016