PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from alanb007

alanb007
03-01-2016, 5:18pm
Greetings everyone
I joined this site as i like the constructive way the site is managed.
I like constructive feedback and help!

So how and why did i find this site?
I have D90 which i have never been happy with as the pictures have never really looked sharp. I thought i had tried everything - with no success.
So I bought a D750 and was amazed at how sharp the images were! Happy at last.

I decided over the Christmas break that i would see what i could find on the D90 and try to get it up to standard.
All the standard menu options did nothing.
At last, one of my searches gave me a lead on adjusting the auto focus setting. Now i had a better search option and i read up on how to determine whether the camera was focusing front or back and how to adjust - i now set about working on the D90.

I took some test pictures and lo and behold it was very clearly front focusing. I adjusted the rear Allen bolt and after a few more tweaks back and forwards i eventually got the camera doing what it should have done when i first bought it.

While I had a huge smile on my face that it now takes really good pictures at long last, how on earth did it get past quality control?

I have been practicing taking better pictures. I understand that its it not the camera that is the challenge, its the human operating it!
I have read many books on composing landscape pictures etc. Its good we are in a digital age and taking lots of practice shots doesn't cost anything.
With bushwalking, its nice getting to take pictures of places that not many people get to see. I can look at the pictures for hours while i recall the energy that went into getting them.

I am looking forward to learning more on this site

Many Thanks
Alan

ricktas
03-01-2016, 5:24pm
Welcome to AP Alan. Enjoy the site and see you and your photos on the forums soon

Mary Anne
03-01-2016, 5:24pm
Hello Alan and Welcome to AP and what a great intro, will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums that's the best way to get cc.

alanb007
03-01-2016, 6:47pm

Its really nice to see the D90 turn out some nice images!

Alan

bitsnpieces
03-01-2016, 6:57pm
Welcome Alan to AP and they do look really sharp and great :)