PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long break due to heath issues

Chinook
03-01-2016, 2:14pm
Hi Everyone, I have been a member on and off for sometime. I love the forum. Have had major health setbacks.

I started off with a Canon 500D but due to its weight when I had lenses attached I could not hold it.

Moved onto a Mirorless Olympus Pen EP5 great camera very sharp photos but after a year of trying I could not work out the menu. The old memory is not up to scratch now. Too technical.

Just ordered the Canon Powershot SX60HS. I feel like i am going backwards but I would rather be taking photos which I love doing that have one sitting here looking at me.

I have moved from Perth to Australind WA and love the area down here, close to Estuary and sea. Look forward to meeting you all in the forum. :)

ricktas
03-01-2016, 2:20pm
Hi. Welcome back. Hope the health issues settle and you get to enjoy your photography as much as you can.

Mary Anne
03-01-2016, 3:24pm
Hello Lillian :action66: and Welcome back, so sorry to read you are still having health issues.
And I can understand about the Menu on the Olympus mirrorless cameras they have to pack a lot into that little lighter body.
You should be able to manage the new Canon ok I just googled it looks good too. So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Chinook
03-01-2016, 6:44pm
Hi. Welcome back. Hope the health issues settle and you get to enjoy your photography as much as you can.

Thanks rick, My new camera should be here next week so hope to be posting soon :) Thank you for having me back.
I love the quote :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Lillian :action66: and Welcome back, so sorry to read you are still having health issues.
And I can understand about the Menu on the Olympus mirrorless cameras they have to pack a lot into that little lighter body.
You should be able to manage the new Canon ok I just googled it looks good too. So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Hi Mary Anne,

I am glad you understand about the Olympus difficult menu. I tried and read all that I could even went on you tube and google. I am the kind of person who needs to be shown how to do things but deep down I knew I would never remember.

The new one does look pretty good and I do need to scrub up on so much so will be checking out the files. :)

Happy New Year to you Mary Anne :)

Mary Anne
03-01-2016, 11:28pm
Lillian Thank You and Happy New Year to you too..