PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

DadzEm
01-01-2016, 2:32pm
Hi i'm Em,

Myself and my dad (EmzDad) have signed up and are looking forward to learning about the art of photography :tog:

We just bought our first DSLR camera the other day, which was actually quite a surprise. Dad had came up to me the day after experimenting at the shop and said 'would you like an early birthday present?' of course i said yes being the kid i am. So my present was the lens (Nikon 35mm DX f/1.8G) at first i wondered why i got a lens and no camera as i had just gone down to the shops and handled a large variety of cameras. Then he explained that the camera was his and the lens was mine. (unfortunate hostile terms of being 12 and not having a bank account):(

I have just started on the learning library and looking forward to posting pics in the CC section.

Mary Anne
01-01-2016, 2:43pm
Hello Em :action66: and Welcome to AP and how lucky are you with your wonderful new camera, yes lots of learning to do though plenty of Members here to Help you out when you need it.
I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums that another great way to learn. :2smile:

ameerat42
01-01-2016, 3:08pm
Hi Em. Welcome to AP.
Am.

ricktas
01-01-2016, 5:37pm
Welcome Em. See you, your dad and your photos on the forums soon

Mark L
01-01-2016, 9:58pm
Welcome to a good place to play Em.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make comments. Plenty of help around AP. And don't be afraid to kick dad up the butt to encourage him to ask questions and make comments.:) (how will I tell if it's you or dad posting;))
FWIW commenting on others photos can help with the photos you take. "I like that because .... ." ".... looks a bit different. Why did you do that?" Whatever.

.... and how lucky are you with your wonderful new camera,...
Em has a wonderful new lens.:D

Why don't you and dad have a thought about getting involved in this years weekly members challenge? http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?143461-The-2016-Members-Challenge-Themes No need to post every week though.
It's given me a reason to try something different each week for the last few years.:th3:
See you (and Dad) around AP hopefully.:th3:

bitsnpieces
03-01-2016, 8:04pm
Hi Em and welcome to AP

An interesting arrangement with your father but super awesome to see father and son action going. :)

DadzEm
03-01-2016, 8:20pm
Hi Em and welcome to AP

An interesting arrangement with your father but super awesome to see father and son action going. :)

Yes i suppose it is a pretty weird arrangement cause i should own the camera and the lens but of cause dad has to share:rolleyes: (its unfair cause he gets the best bit) and its father and daughter by the way. :nod:

Em