PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Looking for info - Hi everyone

Jaydo
30-12-2015, 8:10pm
Hi Everyone
After spending years wanting a DSLR camera I finally bit the bullet and went out and purchased a Nikon D3300
Mainly got the camera for taking pictures of animals (I spend a lot of time deer hunting/watching), 4wding and to take good pictures of Gold and Gemstones that I find prospecting.

From what I can gather its like two polar opposites being macro and landscape but that's alright.

Anyway I'm here to learn as much as I can and hopefully get some decent enough shots to put up on here.

Thank you all

Jayden

ameerat42
30-12-2015, 8:41pm
Hi Jayden.
Welcome to AP.

You don't have to have "decent enough" shots to post here. Put up what you can and learn from the responses.
You can really only go one way: get better. So join the rest of the learners here - the less and the more experienced.

Oh, though you are interested in different fields, the difference is mainly only a matter of scale. Yes, "that's alright".

Now after the philosophy, have a good look too in the Library. There's lots of useful info there.

Am.

ricktas
30-12-2015, 8:59pm
Welcome, see you on the forums soon

Mary Anne
30-12-2015, 9:11pm
Hello Jayden and Welcome to AP .. To me those two Genres are Polar opposites :nod:
I shoot macro and don't bother much about Landscapes not easy for me to cart a Tripod around, though so easy to hand hold gear for the small critters.
Love shooting Birds also wildlife when I can, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums. :2smile:

Jeanette
30-12-2015, 9:15pm
hello and welcome :)

AussieBrent
31-12-2015, 7:50am
G'day Mate :)

bitsnpieces
03-01-2016, 7:07pm
Hi Jayden and welcome to AP

Also, please tell me more about these gold and gems you find ;)