PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

glakey
30-12-2015, 7:28pm
Hi all,
I am brand new to photography that uses anything other than the little green camera on the selection dial.....

I have for many years used a Nikon AW1 for work due to its waterproof / drop proof type nature and become somewhat fascinated by the quality of the pictures.

The bug bit, the relaxation associated with taking photos or looking for photos to take is, for me, quite carthitic.

A Nikon D750 has been purchased, next step, getting off the little green camera mode and enjoying the experimentation and the experience.

Regards,

George.

ricktas
30-12-2015, 7:34pm
Welcome George. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

ameerat42
30-12-2015, 7:37pm
Hi George. Welcome to AP.
To help you get off that green icon have a look in the Library at the beginner learning plan.

Join in: post, get and give critique, and... enjoy.
Am.

rwg717
30-12-2015, 7:55pm
Cheers George and welcome, hope you enjoy.:)
Richard

Mary Anne
31-12-2015, 4:00pm
Hello George and Welcome to AP.. Looking forward to seeing what you post on the forums with that nice new camera.

Mark L
01-01-2016, 9:27pm
G'day George, welcome aboard.

The bug bit, the relaxation associated with taking photos or looking for photos to take is, for me, quite carthitic.

Can relate to that, but then it led to the frustration of trying to get photos of birds. I've learned to to relax while I wait.:)
Don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments on others photos (actually helps you think about the photos you want to take) and generally get involved here. It's what makes forums work.
See you around hopefully.:th3:

glakey
01-01-2016, 10:48pm
I have spent the last few days going through the AP site and I am definitely in the right place.

There are two types of images that have fascinated me for many years - pictures of the moon where you can see actual features of the moonscape and macro images of anything that captures details we cannot see or clearly discern with our naked eyes.

I have noticed this site has sections that cater to my two areas of fascination along with a wealth of advice and experience - I will learn a lot from you folks!

Regards,

George

michael_sa
01-01-2016, 11:08pm
Hi George.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the D750 purchase.

Regards,
Michael

bitsnpieces
03-01-2016, 8:02pm
Hi George and welcome to AP